Rogue Smoke Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redweasel

Reaction score
Decent tan colored head that dissapates very fast with no lacing at all

Cloudy light brown/tan in color

Malty aroma with subdued oak/beechwood smoke aroma with a hint of hops. Was hoping for more smoke to come through but we will see.

Nice! Almost a perfect balance of maltiness and beechwood/hickory flavor with a balanced hop bitterness. A bit earthy/grainy. The bottle suggest it is at 48 IBU's which gives me a good idea for my own creation coming up.

Mouthfeel is medium bodied and perfectly carbonated for my tastes.

Overall I can not in all honesty find a flaw. Not as intence as Schlenkerla Rauchbeer which I love, but whole other animal in itself. Very, very well balanced and well crafted brew. I can find no complaint

42/50

man i have been looking for this stuff forever and just recently learned it is not available in all of Texas. :(

this review makes me look forward to when i will have a chance to have it.

Sounds like it's time to offer up a trade to someone else!

I like Rogue's take on the smoke...you get a nice assertive (but not over the top) smoke flavor profile that works really well with the rest of the beer. The whole beer works well together.

Back