Vanilla Sarsparilla Mead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hrahn1995

Reaction score
So im about to bottle a Vanilla Sarsparilla Mead i made, its about 2 months old, clear and overall good, EXCEPT, the scent. the scent is this weird almost Inky scent; it smells like the vanilla bean when you are too close and you just get a giant wiff, does anyone know if this disipates as it ages? or is it just how it will be, because to me i see it as unpleasent but who knows it may add to the bouquet when it is mature.

So the mead is about month bottle conditioned. i cracked my one bottle that i carbonated and thought FireTruck!! i should have carbonated all of them. The mead's nose is almost fruity, its just splendid. the nose as developed away from the inky vanilla bean, and the flavors are just different, they are of neither vanilla or sarsparilla, that may mean i need to add more, but the flavor is just different, like nothing i've ever tasted. Great Mead to try if you have some extra brewing space:

2lbs Wildflower Honey
1 Vanilla Bean Split
1/2 oz Sarsparilla Root.
ec-1118 1 packet

Back