Slight Difference Between Perlick 525ss

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strumke

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi, I just finished my 1st kegerator, and I noticed that one of the faucets is slightly misaligned. First I thought it was the holes I drilled, but after closer inspection, that one faucet looks ever so slightly different. The "P" on two are more of a silver/gray, and the third looks almost black. The tap handles on the silver ones line up perfectly, the black one doesn't go back quite as far.

So, I'm a bit OCD about this, and for my first kegerator, I really want these to match. I got them from Farmhouse Brewing Supply, so I'll probably call them up, but has anyone else noticed this difference?

(Note: this is not the "etched" vs "engraved" difference, they are all etched)

I can't post pics yet as I'm still under the 25 post minimum. :mad:

Can you post the pics elsewhere and photo link? Did you do a pour test, or look inside the faucet before installing and see if there was a difference there?

Either one, or if he has a blog. Just posting the pics somewhere else and linking to them is all I was talking about. Hence the "Can you post the pics elsewhere" the photo link was a bad set of words, I mean just link to the photos that were placed at some other place.

I have Perlicks purchased recently and notice a similar variation where the handles seem to stop at different points. They all seal properly and are aligned the same inside, etc but one handle goes back farther.

Jaynik, does the one that goes back farther have a lighter color "P"? If so, maybe we can trade? I have one that stays just slightly further forward, which has a slightly darker "P". PM me if you think we may have the opposite ones that would make it all nice and even.

There's nothing wrong with this one, I just bought it a few weeks ago, and recently finished the install, which is when I saw that things are just a bit out of sync.

There is supposed to be a redesign on Perlicks. Seems some folk would tighten the top too much and it would damage it (cause it to leak or some such).

So my first thought is maybe the redesign has happened?

Second thought is there is a new Chome one, not all stainless. Haven't seen one, but I'd imagine you'd have noticed if you got the wrong one.

My last thought is that it's the handle or mount. Have you tried reversing handles? Or are you maybe a little less than perpendicular to the keezer/fridge surface on one, making one handle go back more? That one would require reversing the two.

As to color, I looked at mine, and the P looks more gold than silver! I think it's what is reflecting, but the light is not great right now for sure. They used to etch vs. paint, I think, but someone else probably knows more about this.

Let us know what you find out. I am getting ready to get a few more faucets as well, so I have some interest in this thread you started.

Rich

There is supposed to be a redesign on Perlicks. Seems some folk would tighten the top too much and it would damage it (cause it to leak or some such).

So my first thought is maybe the redesign has happened?

Second thought is there is a new Chome one, not all stainless. Haven't seen one, but I'd imagine you'd have noticed if you got the wrong one.

My last thought is that it's the handle or mount. Have you tried reversing handles? Or are you maybe a little less than perpendicular to the keezer/fridge surface on one, making one handle go back more? That one would require reversing the two.

As to color, I looked at mine, and the P looks more gold than silver! I think it's what is reflecting, but the light is not great right now for sure. They used to etch vs. paint, I think, but someone else probably knows more about this.

Let us know what you find out. I am getting ready to get a few more faucets as well, so I have some interest in this thread you started.

Rich
how can one tell the difference between chrome and ss?

Chrome parts are usually a little shinier, almost a bit "fake" in a way (not really fake, but overly shiny). SS is usually a slightly duller finish. I'm going to post my pictures tonight showing the differences.

Chrome parts are usually a little shinier, almost a bit "fake" in a way (not really fake, but overly shiny). SS is usually a slightly duller finish. I'm going to post my pictures tonight showing the differences.

Do you have pics of the perlicks? Or just chrome and stainless in general (which are not normally hard to distinguish).

Finally, here is a side by side of the Perlick 525ss. The one on the right has a slightly darker "P", and the handle sits a little bit farther forward. Anyone have a similar situation?

2qjzlut.jpg

http://tinypic.com/r/2qjzlut/7

For those who asked, here's a picture of a chrome plated nut. I don't have anything else chrome, but you can see how the nut is very shiny compared to the rest of the SS parts in the pic. Personally, I like the look of stainless better, but I don't know if a chrome faucet would be a bit better finished than a chrome nut.

wgzwy0.jpg

http://tinypic.com/r/wgzwy0/7

(not sure which version of the link is better to post)

Back