Online homebrew retailer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yourhomebrew

Reaction score
Hi- I just started up a new company selling homebrew supplies and I'm wondering what others think about the site. Confusing in any way? too simple?

http://www.yourhomebrew.com

What do people think about our recipes? Enough selection? I'd really appreciate the feedback, thanks

Uh, is it just me or is there no link to this new homebrew site?

Very professional looking, but not a huge amount of information for first time brewers, for example, in "Step 1: Mixing and Boiling", you mention

"Pour the contents of the pot into your sterilized primary fermentation bucket "

There no mention of what to sterilize with, and many beginners might just think cleaning the primary with a cloth will be enough. Need to define the difference between cleaning and sterilization :)

Theres a lot more that I could pick at... but meh, too tired :(

You should also link to this forum, I've learned so freakin' much since I joined!

I find the layout of my local homebrew shop's website is very informative, check it out :) www.hopshopuk.com

that link isn't working for me, maybe it's a Firefox issue?

Your Deluxe kit seems quite pricey. On your site, it explains that "Many sites push you to buy around $100 of fancy equipment, though you are really able to make top-quality beer with just two brewing buckets, some bottles, caps, and tubing." This is true, but with your $99 Deluxe Kit, you lack the fancy equipment that rocks. Lets do a comparison,

Your $99 Deluxe Kit includes the following (as explained on your site):
"a fermentation bucket, a bottling bucket, plastic tubing for siphoning and bottling, a bottle capper, a hydrometer to measure alcohol content, a thermometer, and sterilization chemicals."

For the same price on MoreBeer.com, you get(http://morebeer.com/product.html?product_id=15910):

"
6.5 gallon glass "Carboy" fermenter
Two Stoppers (one solid, one with hole)
Siphon assembly for liquid transfers including the Carboytap, R500
Carboy cleaning brush
19" stirring spoon
8" funnel
6 gallon bottling bucket with spigot
3 piece airlock
Triple scale testing hydrometer with test tube
Bottle filler & 4ft of transfer tubing
Hand-lever bottle capper and 50 bottle caps
Bottle cleaning brush
BTF Iodophor Sanitizer for sanitizing equipment (4oz)
Reusable nylon steeping bag
Popular reference book - Home Beermaking III
Our MoreManual! How to Brew Great Beer

On top of that, MoreBeer.com ships for free on orders over $59.

:mug:

Back