Is this the cloud recipe service we have been waiting for?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bishop916

Reaction score
http://www.brewersfriend.com/

Has new updates bringing it inline with locally stored apps, i.e. new mash calculator, - (the last time I tried to use it that was the trip point.) It sounds like they got it worked out.

I'm gonna try to mess with this tonight, any takers to run thru a recipe test to see how it holds up? I'm at work or I'd run it right now.

- B916

I've used it to get an idea of how recipes may turn out. I would like to see how it will compare to say BeerSmith. Currently I wanna do a belgian and the OG and FG calculator when adding pure sugar does not lower the FG, no matter how much you add. They are aware of the issue and supposedly working on it.

Haven't used the brew checklist part, but may be a good idea.

From my quick look the mash calculator doesn't seem to be calculating much - not like the mash calculator on brewtarget where it spits our numbers for temp/amount.

- B916

Actually _ found the mash calculator sub-app - its available when you start the brew session, its pretty nifty,and along with the brew timer function, it walks you thru a brew day - pretty awesome. This and the fact that hopville is planning to open a freemium service kinda has me locked on to brewer's friend as the one I am going to start using from here on out.

I'm going to port my recipes over asap.

- B916

Back