So I have an afternoon to kill in Dayton, Ohio

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesnsw

Reaction score
Friends getting married in the middle of Ohio, and I have at least an hour or two to kill on a Sunday in or around the Dayton airport before I head home.

What do the locals suggest I do to kill time? Is there anything good at the airport, or something I can walk to/get public transportation to? Things outside the airport weren't looking very promising. The best/closest was Boston Bistro, which is closed on Sunday.

I'll get there probably before noon, and my flight leaves at 4.

+1 to Yuri's suggestion, it is as he stated "incredible". Other than a Dayton Dragons game (they are on the road Sunday)there is not a lot of other things to do in the area with your time line.

+1 Absolutely worth it. Watch the time, it'll slip away from you.
Very cool museum at Wright-Patterson.
Had the same situation about 12 years ago, did the same thing.

It aint the middle of Ohio until you have a family reunion only to find out your reunion has more people attending it than the town has. Lovely place though.

Damn.. just called the taxi company. They quoted me $40-50 to get from the museum to the airport. That's a bit out of my price range.

But on the drinking front- any experience with the airport bars? Any local brews to try?

Back