Super Sweet!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

350_Malibu

Reaction score
SWMBO was nice today!

She let me buy 3 extract kits, a bottle rack and some other misc items. Spent close to $150 on crap.

I love my SWMBO!:rockin::ban:

Man... turn around and tell her she should be THANKFUL for your interest in homebrewing!! Seriously - for one you're saving money compared to buying commercial brews. Even if you're doing extract you're still spending a little less than half of what you'd spend on commercial beer (well.. unless you drink BMC stuff).

Then turn around and tell her she should be thankful you're not a musician. As a musician I spend waaaay more on instruments, gear, etc. Not to mention the computer recording stuff.

Then turn around and tell her she should be thankful you're not an amateur astronomer. You don't want to know how much we spend on scopes, eyepieces, filters, and other gear.

Then turn around an tell her she should be thankful you don't smoke cigars. You don't even wanna know how much money is spent on this wonderful hobby. I don't go crazy but some just spend tons and tons of money racking up their "collection".

Long story short... she should be thankful at how *little* you're spending compared to other people and other "hobbyists" out there ;)

Rev.

Man... turn around and tell her she should be THANKFUL for your interest in homebrewing!! Seriously - for one you're saving money compared to buying commercial brews. Even if you're doing extract you're still spending a little less than half of what you'd spend on commercial beer (well.. unless you drink BMC stuff).

Then turn around and tell her she should be thankful you're not a musician. As a musician I spend waaaay more on instruments, gear, etc. Not to mention the computer recording stuff.

Then turn around and tell her she should be thankful you're not an amateur astronomer. You don't want to know how much we spend on scopes, eyepieces, filters, and other gear.

Then turn around an tell her she should be thankful you don't smoke cigars. You don't even wanna know how much money is spent on this wonderful hobby. I don't go crazy but some just spend tons and tons of money racking up their "collection".

Long story short... she should be thankful at how *little* you're spending compared to other people and other "hobbyists" out there ;)

Rev.

Hah, funny, but no I'm not telling her none of that. If I do then she'll bring up one of my other hobbies that cost big $. Try the classic car hobby! That's a money eater...

And after getting hammered last night and passing out, now she's asking me what I'm brewing today! :tank:

I love my SWMBO!

Rev2010 said:

Rev.

I agree with everything but this statement. Just on equipment alone Im in over $1500 minimum. Between kegerator, fermenting fridge, pumps, burners, etc. Ingredients are the last thing on SWMBO's mind ;)

Back