Narragansett Summer Ale, SMaSH?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrobidoux

Reaction score
Not sure how many folks here drink Narragansett, but if you don't, you should give it a try if it's in your area. Anyway! According to the Narragansett website, which seems to list all the ingredients for their beers, the Summer Ale only features 2-Row Pale Malt, and Citra Hops.

Is it likely that such an offering from a pretty serious craft brewer is just a simple old SMaSH?

And does this seem like a serviceable recipe to you guys?

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!!

I can't add too much content other than that I love 'gansett summer, so hopefully some one can weigh in.

I love Gansett Summer too and I wanted to brew it back in the spring and couldn't find a recipe, so I ended up brewing this. I did a 5 Gallon the extract way in April and shared it with everyone over the summer (sparking a lot of debate over whether it was an APA or an IPA), then I made it the all-grain way with Simcoe sans Citra which is in the bottle now.

But I've only brewed 8 beers so I haven't really learned enough to be able to write a recipe, but somebody from New England should try to write one. This is a great summer beer. Not for nothing, it blows Sam Summer out of the water.

Back