Is this normal to be growing on the inside of my carboy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think its just a pack of yeast piled up. I cant tell if the carboy is lying on its side or if the pic was just taken sideways. Cuz if the carboy is lying sideways then that would explain the yeast pile up

Problem number one, you are obviously fermenting with your carboy on its side in a zero gravity enviroment, I'm not sure what affect that may have on the yeast.

If it is actually growing, it may be something, but it looks like a bunch of coagulated yeast that decided to stick to the side. I wouldn't worry about it unless it start to smell like death.

Thanks for the quick responses guys. I should have pre-warned you guys that the pic was sideways.

Oh... so it's not zero g. I thought you may have been on to some new spectacular fermentation method. ;)

Oh... so it's not zero g. I thought you may have been on to some new spectacular fermentation method. ;)

This is a fascinating idea and I think we need to submit a proposal immediately to NASA to study the effects of weightlessness on beer fermentation.

Besides, NASA can help fund their projects by selling the results. "Spaced Aged Beer, brewed in Zero-G"

I smell a new BMC ad campaign coming on!

Back