So What's Your Normal "MO" for Visiting HBT?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BierMuncher

...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
For me:

1) Click on "Subscribed Threads" link and catch up on my posts and the unnavoidable confusion I've left behind.

B) Once that's done, flip on over to the "New Posts" section and start interrupting perfectly good threads with bad advice.

4) Once the "New Posts" slow down or get boring (how many times do I have to tell you...you're yeast is fine..), I hit the Main page and click through a few tantilizing gallery pics.

D) From the Main Page, hit the topics that interest me and of course, hang out at the "Beginner Forum" to guide the noobs to brewing nervana ("...NO, you can NOT just throw beano in the fermenter on day two just because your air lock isn't bubbling...).

5) Post a new thread that is sure to get everyone (even the lurkers) to join in on the conversation...like this one. :D

What say yous. How do you do HBT?

1. go to my replies and see if anyone posted
2. go to new posts and see what's been posted, maybe reply back
3. go check out new beer pron
4. repeat all the above till something else catches my eye

I usually go to the "New Threads," open all the ones I want to see in new tabs and work my way across. By then SWMBO is p!ssed that I'm sitting at my computer all night.

I should really start subscribing to threads, sometimes I miss stuff using "New Threads."

Just click New Posts for me. There's WAY too many posts per day to read everything and respond to it all. I always try and jump in with some advice if there are any n00b posts near the top of the list, otherwise I figure they've already been answered with good advice (especially if there's 5+ replies and the last to reply is a well-known subscriber). For a while I let it auto subscribe me to threads I replied to, which is the default. But a few weeks ago I turned it off to keep my subscriptions list down. I find myself forgetting to subscribe to the ones I really do want to follow up on. Now there have been several times I wish I had that auto subscribe feature on again. :eek:

the_Roqk said:
1. go to my replies and see if anyone posted
2. go to new posts and see what's been posted, maybe reply back
3. go check out new beer pron
4. repeat all the above till something else catches my eye

yup, pretty much the same here

Yuri pointed out the new posts option to me a few days ago, prior to that I just looked through the forums for interesting posts. Usually the beginner and extract forums first because I usually can be some help there.

I like to welcome new brewers, esp if they haven't recieved any responses. I usually do the anon pop into chat and see who is there. If it's empty, I'm out, but i'll usually stick around if there are a couple of people. I'm not very talkative when it comes to sports, but I will talk beer.

1. User Control Panel. See if there's anything interesting there, check subscribed threads.

2. New Posts. Browse and comment for a while, some days more than others.

3. Sometimes a random image on the top will catch my eye and I'll browse that persons photos.

4. Just started hanging out in the chat lately with the regulars.

Hit UserCP for any threads I've subscribed to, avoid Biermuncher's bad avice, wander around looking for someone to benifit from the infliction of my own flawless opinion. ....

(*edit* Forgot to put a :D so Biermuncher doesn't think that I'm ragging on him for real...)

Back