Auber PID Controller Alarm

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavyP

Reaction score
Anybody have an idea about how the temp alarms work on the Auber PID controllers? I'm looking at a Kal Clone setup and I'm wondering if I need to have a switch for each PID. Are the switches used to basically reset the alarm? In other words, if an alarm is triggered can you flip the switch "on" then "off" to cancel the alarm if it was a temp alarm. Thank you to anybody who answers.

Switches sound good. The alarm pins are just a relay that turns on when the alarm triggers.

The relay on the Auber PIDs will stay closed while the alarm condition is met. That is if you have an alarm set for 160*F, the alarm will sound once the 160*F and for all temperature above 160*F. The only time the PID will open the relay is when the temperature goes below the set temp.

This is why I and others have added a switch between the alarm buzzer and the PID. When the switch is closed (on), the alarm is armed and will sound when the condition is met. You can then turn the alarm off by opening the switch. The only other way to turn off the alarm would be to reset the PID alarm temperature to a higher temp (say 200).

Back