cleanser

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mot

Reaction score
When I bought my brew kit, I got LD Carlson Easy Clean.
Anyone knwo of this stuff I take it it is more of a cleanser than a sanitizer, I have to make a run to the local HBS picking up last minute things, should I buy some five star or one step instead of this easy clean for sanitization

TheJadedDog said:
Oxy-Clean, the stuff works miracles.

you even use that for sanitizing your equipment or just cleaning it?

Just cleaning. I use Star San Sanitizer for sanitizing. Stuff works like a dream. No rinse...no worries. I used to use bleach..but that took 30 minutes and had to be rinsed like crazy. Definitely worth the money.

You should still use the cleaner you got to "clean" your equipment as the Star San stuff won't "clean". My procedure is PBW to clean followed by Star San to sanitize...with a really good rinse in between, obviously.

Idophor is also a popular sanitizer. It is a bit cheaper than star san I think, but can stain..

It stained my airlock, but only at the bottom. It seems to leave a redish color but will eventually come off, especially if you wash it.

Back