Purchased 5/16" Air Distributor block and have 1/4" regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattwilli18

Reaction score
So hello everyone, been a reader for quite a while but this is my first post. Just want to say thanks for all the valuable information i have been able to find so far...

Anyways, I purchased a home brew keg conversion kit for my chest freezer conversion. My goal was to have a commercial keg and home brew keg running through one regulator for the time being... Unfortunately I made a mistake when ordering my parts.

I have a regulator that takes 1/4' airline and a distributor block that takes 5/16' and i purchased 5/16' airline. For obvious reasons, opening up the valve on my regulator leaks right at the airline...

What are my options from here? I know there are fittings that help to assist in this sort of situation between the Keg Coupler and regulator, but I wasnt aware if there was a fitting for the distributor block itself...

Thanks in advance for the assistance!

Easiest solution may be to purchase a 5/16 barbed fitting and replace the 1/4 on your regulator. You could also swap out the line for some 1/4 line and warm it up a bit with hot water so that you can stretch it over the 5/16 fittings.

Back