Can I add Bitter orange Peel and Coriander at kegging?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewbelly

Reaction score
I just brewed a Belgian Wit. The Recipe called for adding the normal amounts of orange peel/coriander blah blah balh during boil of course. The recipe also said to add a little more about 1/2 ounce of coriander and orange peel during secondary.

I taste tested (during hydrometer reading) the belgian wit after primary. It tasted perfect, so I did not add the secondary add-ins.

Now secondary is over. I just kegged it and took another taste sample with hydrometer. The taste was not as good as the primary. I should have added the orange peel and coriander in secondary.

Can I add the 1/2 of Bitter Orange Peel and Coriander in the keg? Will it cause drafting problems if I do?

P.S.
I can't do a tertiary, because the beer is scheduled to be tapped this coming weekend.

You can put it in the keg, but you might end up sucking some up. I'd suggest putting the orange peel in a hop sack and the corriander in a SS spice ball.

You'll need to sanitize the bags/spice ball. I've never sanitized anything I put into secondary unless it's come from outside (fruit). If it's packaged at a grocery store or the brew shop, it's probably pretty free of contaminants. If not...I've never had any issues.

Latest posts

Back