Do you have to use a stopper?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aleforge

Reaction score
I have a carboy and bucket that I need to use tomorrow after two batches are cooked up. Problem is I only have 1 stopper. Is there anything else I can do in order to setup a blow-off tube in each? I just noticed this, I guess I could put one batch off. :cross:

If you can make it to a hardware store and pick up some vinyl tubing to fit your carboy, then hook the other blow-off tube to the stopper on the bucket (or vice versa), you could run both tubes to a common sanitizer jug and use it for the airlock.

i'v used aluminum foil on a secondary for months at a time with no problems, i'm not sure about in the primary however. I think it would work fine as long as the krausen did not lift it up and off.

5 gallon water jug caps fit perfectly on a car boy. I forget the tubing size that fits in the hole (the ones designed for coolers where the cap doesn't need to be removed), maybe 3/8?

Back