Serving my beer tonight to co-workers.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chefchris

Reaction score
I've got a keg of Mild sitting up here a work waiting to be tapped at 5pm. I was in charge of picking up the beer. I had to buy 2 cases of Heinekin and a case of Corona. So considering their tastes I'm pretty nervous about it. I don't think I've ever given a non-craft beer drinker homebrew before.

However, the Pres and Vice Pres are both English and know what a Mild is, so maybe there's hope.

:eek:

Aside from the Pres and Vice Pres, I wouldn't have real high expectations. You might consider having people sample it before serving whole cups/glasses. I've cringed before watching the average American beer drinker drink a few sips and then let the glass sit there for the rest of the night or worse yet, pour my precious homebrew down the sink!

Milds are a good gateway beer. I took a Mild to a club meeting a few years back. One GF who "hated craft beer" tried a sample, and then drank two pints. Her BF took the recipe home.

Pretty much everyone at my work likes everything I give them. If your beer is made well, you shouldn't have a problem. Some people just don't have a palate for anything, but most people should appreciate a well made beer.

Maybe they all enjoyed it so much that they kicked the keg between the three of them, and work got cancelled today because the bosses were hung over?

Well, you were right. Pretty much the bosses were the ones that liked it. Everyone else was doing the, "yeah, this is good". I told the big wigs to be completely honest with me and tell me if it was close to a mild since I've only ever had my homebrewed version. They said it was very close.

Ended up hanging out with the Vice President (who will become President in January) for over an hour after everyone left. He was telling me about beer in England and how it was in the 70s and 80s. I was pretty drunk and had to piss real bad but I stuck it out. It was worth it to get the kiss ass time in.

Anyone who is familiar with session beers, like Milds, understands you only rent the stuff.

Back