Greetings from Raleigh

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thedudeimbibes

Reaction score
Hey,.. .Actually began brewing years ago, but have been in hiatus for a few years. I'm trying to get back into the groove full steam. Got tired of screwin with bottles/mini keg's etc and just stopped.

Have just built a Kegerator (many thanks to this site and craigslist) and am ready to go. Need help with carbonating while kegging. Got a couple batches ready to keg, but practiced first on a keg of water (should work,..right?) to no avail.

This site helped a ton building my Kegerator. Did the entire thing for less than $200 (just one tap so far,..have plans for three). Appreciate all the help!

welcome... glad to hear you are getting back into homebrew.

i am also looking into building a kegerator as bottling is a bit tedious and i find myself making more and more batches these days. initial thoughts were to start with one of those stand alone freezers that could fit 2, 3, or maybe 4 of the 5 gallon kegs.

Any tips on how you made yours would be great. Sounds like you did some good work for fairly cheap. Nice work!

I got the fridge for free on craigslist, had CO2 tank and regulator, bought the tap/spout hardware,.. lines,..and a couple cornies at a local brew store here in Raleigh. Scour craigslist,..It's incredible what you can find there.

I like the chest freezer pictures I've seen here. I can see one happening for me down the road a bit. Currently I'm satisfies with mine, but can't get the carbonation thing down. I'll post a pic soon.

Back