bottle caps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zarusse2

Reaction score
Not sure where else to put this but I was wondering if any of you collected bottle caps, I make tables with tons of tops on them and I've found certain colors are harder to find. Just curious if anyone else has a collection or if I'm the only of ball out there. Also, if any of you care, I'm interested in all donations if you'd like to send me your extras

ForumRunner_20130303_045905.jpg

This is just an example of one of the tables I made, not completely finished. Fiji and the diamond are from my fraternity for anyone who is curious.

I don't drink too much commercial beer these days, but I would be happy to send you any tops I do pop. Send me a pm with address and I could help out.

We have been collecting them to make a backsplash behind the bar sink. Still got a loooong way to go though.

I keep a jar next to the kitchen sink. Brew gets opened, poured into the appropriate glass, and before I go find a place to sit down and enjoy the beer, I rinse the cap. Once it's dried, it goes into the jar.

Original plans were for the caps to be used in a counter top for a freestanding drink stand ('hutch' just doesn't sound right), but since my plans have since been revised from stand to full 4'x6' "L" shaped wetbar...it'd take years to collect enough tops for that (and for future resale of the house...a beer bottle countertop might ding a guy a bit). The bar countertop will now either be hardwood or ceramic tile...haven't decided yet.

The bottle caps might get incorporated into a poker table down the road....we'll see.

Back