17 brewcrew and craigtube

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melvin

Reaction score
Im buzzin. What you guys think of Craig and the 17 brewcrew? I personally like Craigs personality I think he has a good voice. Please comment. Dont worry about hurting feelings because I have none.

Mel

I don't get the 17 bit either. But Craig also got me into brewing while doing reaserch before buying a kit. Simple,straight up kinda guy.

Definitely seen my share of craigtube...helped me get started
Not sure about the Brew Crew though

He posted a new hombrew wednesday video showing his 1st AG batch in the glass from the keg. Looked like my IPA...

except hes comparing it to cooper extract cans even though he used 2pounds crystal malt in a 5g ipa batch, used coopers yeast and feremented above 70F. I just think he should of done a tried and true recipe for his first batch, not something he put together

He used us05 yeast for his all grain. The two pounds crystal malt was a little heavy though.

I agree two lbs. Crystal sounds like too much. But he must have liked it. He kills a keg almost weekly. That guy puts down alot of beer

Signed up on the 17 Brew Crew site. Craig's a mod on there. Imo & some other youtubers are on there. Replies aren't fast,but it's ok.

It just seems like a bunch of buddies havin a webpage. I would honestly think youll get bettter and more knowledgeable advice here. But those are some down to earth nice guys.

I watched some Craigtube videos after having brewed for about 3/4 year. I had also been reading a lot on this site and elsewhere.

I may not have seen his best but I was not impressed. The ones I saw he was taking a lot of questionable shortcuts, IMO.

In one he even said his goal was to make beer not to make his beer better.

Haven't seen the other one, I'll have to look it up.

I like his personality, I don't think his goal is to educate people but to show people how HE makes beer.

I watched his vids when I started brewing and thought he had a lot of useful info for the beginner, now that I've been brewing for almost 2 years I have MY way of brewing and it is different than his way.

I was happy to see his first AG, I think he has come full circle. No matter how he brews I still look forward to his next vid.

Hes an enjoyable person to watch. Regular joe, makin beer. I am sure if grains and hops, yeast, didnt cost so much he wouldnt really make kits. Its the cheapest fastest way. I think he knows what makes the best flavored.beer. Its just how much time you have to put in it.

Thanks for turning me on to this guy. After watching a few episodes I would say it's fairly entertaining despite the low budget. I wouldn't be opposed to gaining new brewers through this guy.

Thanks for turning me on to this guy. After watching a few episodes I would say it's fairly entertaining despite the low budget. I wouldn't be opposed to gaining new brewers through this guy.

Thats what he does. He gives you a real can do attitude without being condasending or making the process seem like it is to difficult to do. Originally he was only brewing kits and said he was to lazy to brew any differently. But after a few years of having his channel he has turned into a lagitamate brewer. I love the guy. I think he is an asset to the homebrew world. I dont brew the way he does but I would be lying if I said I havn't had a good Idea from him.

I enjoy craigtube videos. I got into them after getting my first kit, and for a beginner he gives a lot of useful information. I find him entertaining and watch his HBW videos every week. Not into his singing videos, but his voice isn't half bad.

I joined the 17 brew crew web site, seems like a smaller version of this site but it never hurts to have more than one place to look for more beer/cider recipes.

I haven't watched for a few years. Back then he was adamant that he didn't want to mess around with anything but the cheap kits. I think he'll find that All Grain is actually a lot cheaper. I have no idea what the 17 thing is...

I found out that 17 is the favorite NASCAR number/driver one of the other vidbrew guys he nows is related to. Everytime the 17 car came around or passed someone,he'd raise his glass & say "17!". So it came to mean cheers. I think a video of his had a link to it.

Back