Tennessee Group Grain Buy Round 1 2012

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What size sacks are these and thier prices ? Also do I just fill in my name ? and grains i want ? also the CM-2ROW, is that 2-row pale ale malt ?

http://www.countrymaltgroup.com/downloads/2012 Champlain Updated 122711.pdf
Here is the link to the catalog. Most sacks are 50 or 55#, Fijidave12 will set you up in spreadsheet. (looks like he already has) after reviewing catalog tell him what you want and how much. Prices will usually be withing 10 cents of listed price plus there will be shipping. will not know shipping until final quote.
Pale ale Malt is 2-row but 2-row is not Pale ale malt. Pale ale malt has a different kilning process that takes it to 2.5-3 L while CM-2row is about 1.5-2 L. So color and flavors are different. I use Bairds Pale Ale in all my English styles, 2-row in my Cream ales and American Ales and Lagers. And even mixed them. Its cheap... So buy both and keep a good stock...We are about 24 sacks from a second pallet

Well said Don. Yeah just post your order here and I'll enter it on the sheet. Just take a look over it once I update to make sure you have everything you want.

A sack of grain will only last for about 4-5 brew days, and that is if you aren't doing a high gravity beer. Buy more than you think you might need to be safe. I suggest buying several different base malts and then don't forget to jump in on the specialty malts. I added PBW to the sheet, so if you need some cleaning chemicals then jump in on that.

Hey Scott, not sure. We still need about 20 sacks to fill the second pallet. I know we have a couple guys who haven't posted yet. Do you want to get in on this round?

Yep, I will get one or 2 sacks. I can see if anyone else in our club wants to get in. I know Mike still has several sacks.

I'm sorry, I do not see the link for the spreadsheet. Do I need to get a link emailed to me?

Also, can we add things like Star-San/Servomyces to our orders?

I'm sorry, I do not see the link for the spreadsheet. Do I need to get a link emailed to me?

Also, can we add things like Star-San/Servomyces to our orders?

Look on page 2 at FijiDave's post, I edited my post to include his info but the link wouldn't copy over. We can add Star San, but it does come with a $15 haz mat fee. If you buy Star San do it by the case of 4 one gallon bottles. They will last a long time and the price is right. We would only need 3 other folks, but I think Neil wants some as well. I could ask on the Servomyces if needed. We have PBW on the sheet as well.

Thanks, I sent him an email for access.

Noted on the Star San...didnt think about the Haz Mat. It is a pretty good price on Servomyces, so I would get a few if we can.

Please take a look at the spreadsheet, I made some changes to ensure that everybody was able to get in on this buy and that specialty grains that were not wanted were dropped. Last call on the second pallet!

Bobby,
Go ahead and drop my 2-row and I'll get that one from Keagan. What happened to the honey malt? I'd really like to keep that one. Can we keep it if we get a few more commits?

Bobby,
Go ahead and drop my 2-row and I'll get that one from Keagan. What happened to the honey malt? I'd really like to keep that one. Can we keep it if we get a few more commits?

It was just you and I on the honey malt. I can use 5# and would've kept it on if other folks wanted some, but it was just you and I. I will take car of the sack of 2-row.

Ok. Well I'll take 15# you want 5#. Come on guys can we get some help. We need 30# of Delicious Honey Malt taken.

Csuho said:
I would also be in for a bag of great western northwest pale and would anybody be in for rye malt?

I'm in on some Rye if your in on some Honey Malt.

The Rye is filled and the honey malt is only short by 10#. The PBW is the only other open split. We still have a half bucket of PBW that is unspoken for.

I will take the .2 GB Hony

Cool. Bobby I had to change a couple of things on your order. Nobody else wanted Carapils so I had to take it off of the pallet. I will look to see what I have, and I bet I can sell you 10-15# and still have enough for me.

The only thing that is open now folks is the PBW.

I'll take 10-15lbs. Hell, i'll take it all if you give me the bucket it comes in.:)

Back