What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a drinking thread and people do get drunk. :D

Last Coff of the day.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410092108.973028.jpg

BEAT THE COWGIRLS!

Coffee... Spent all day yesterday boxing up BIF and trade brews... Never got around to brewing. Thinking about making up for it today... My wedding anniversary. Gonna take swmbo's temperature on that idea after I make her a nice breakfast.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

First anniversary today here too. No way I'm brewing today, good luck with that.

That is the difference between one year and four. My wife is perfectly happy to have me take my two little brewing assistants out of her hair for a few hours. Now the real question, do I brew my porter or do a ramp up every aspect of it and make something more like a RIS with a similar and beloved flavor profile.

Last coffee. Going to have dragons milk with my sausage gravy.

That is the difference between one year and four.

I don't know...

It'll be 5 years in October for me and I'm pretty sure I'd get murdered for even considering what you're about to do.

Drinking decaf coffee... We're out of the real stuff and this isn't helping.

Coffee... Spent all day yesterday boxing up BIF and trade brews... Never got around to brewing. Thinking about making up for it today... My wedding anniversary. Gonna take swmbo's temperature on that idea after I make her a nice breakfast.

First anniversary today here too. No way I'm brewing today, good luck with that.

Happy anniversarys!

More coffee!

I'm pretty sure I'd get murdered for even considering what you're about to do.

Swmbo is loving and kind. Doesn't hurt that she forgot the annaversary until my mother mentioned it to her yesterday.

Happy anniversary, guys. Had my 29th in July. And no, I didn't brew that day. But if you start it early enough, maybe "Anniversary Ale" can become a new tradition for you! Better always be something SWMBO likes, though!

Up too late last night...about to go squeeze the first coffee. Going with some cold brewed Jamaican Blue Mountain "Blend" (which probably requires that 1% of the beans actually flew over Jamaica on their way here). It's decent though...and I need to free up my gallon jug for more cider!

Catching up from last night with coffee, I think everything got posted, but had the AHA Collab Oaked IPA from Founders and an Alpha Dog IIPA. Neither were shabby, but neither stood out.

Happy anniversary to all those having one. I think the SWMBO would be okay with brewing, but it would be the 16th next year, so YMMV.

This is a Manhattan in a Chimay glass...

That sounds like a good idea - a schooner of Manahattan. :cross:

A few years ago I was at the hofbrauhaus Munich and people were singing songs in different languages. When it was quiet enough I sang the eagles fight song. Half hour later a guy comes up to me and says he's a redskins fan, traveled all the way to Germany and can't escape floccing eagles fans. Haha.

Heh, we are everywhere!

I had 20 beers tonight. Yay birthday.

Scotch time!

Happy Birthday!

Water. Changed an inner tube on my son's bike, patched the hole in the flat one to keep as an emergency spare and then harvested my hops. Centennials came up with a goose egg; almost 4 oz. of Nugget and almost 1/2 pound of Cascade. For first year hops I'll take it (but will definitely replant the Centennial if they don't produce next year.

Thanks for that, it reminded me (last night) to go grab the 3.5 ounces I had harvested to dry hop my pale with and actually put them in the fermenter.

I need to get off my rear end and actually harvest all the hops. They have climbed to the top of the second story, and it looks like a couple of pounds worth.

My two favorite teams are the Eagles and whoever is playing the cowgirls.

Water
View attachment 222541

Meh. We'll see how the race to the bottom of the division goes this year.

Coffee. Starting to feel slightly better. Not drinking too much today during football as I'm planning on going to tom petty and steve winwood tonight

I hope so, but the more people who say that, the more worried I get.

More water. Waiting for the game before I get into the beer.

I dont have anything to gain from wanting them to be good haha. Thats just my unbiased thoughts after seeing them in preseason. Their backups were schooling starters.

Hotel coffee. About to leave the D to head home. Bad beer weekend, but a pretty good time in the city, just the same.

Even though I grew up in the South Bronx, Detroit and Philly are the only two cities that I fear for my ****ing life in. I steer clear of both whenever possible.

Pre-gaming at the beach before NFL.

Next.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410106017.094808.jpg

Even though I grew up in the South Bronx, Detroit and Philly are the only two cities that I fear for my ****ing life in. I steer clear of both whenever possible.

Next.

View attachment 222555

Sissy.

The D is not bad...if you know what you're doing. I grew up in a small town, well outside the city. But I worked downtown Detroit for years and lived in the city in Chicago for a stretch. I have a pretty good feel for both cities and feel comfortable in both...but I know where not to go in both.

EDIT : and I've never seen such good scenery, of the female variety, in the D as I have the past 48 hours.

Sissy.

The D is not bad...if you know what you're doing. I grew up in a small town, well outside the city. But I worked downtown Detroit for years and lived in the city in Chicago for a stretch. I have a pretty good feel for both cities and feel comfortable in both...but I know where not to go in both.

I can carry my firearm in Michigan with a CT license. So, I'll be back. :D

Drinking water after a jog in an attempt to end this hangover. I know why they call it RuinTEN... you're ruined for about 10 hours afterward.

Hotel coffee. About to leave the D to head home. Bad beer weekend, but a pretty good time in the city, just the same.

But you behaved and avoided the dog house, right? Big win then! :mug:

Next.

View attachment 222555

Just stop wearing that Giants/Jets crap and you'll be fine. :D

I think I'm ready for some football!
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410109105.354686.jpg

And just threw together a half gallon of BBQ sauce - couldn't believe I was out. :eek:
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410109166.693193.jpg

Back