Cascadia Ridge Brewing Company in San Jose?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fid

Reaction score
Just received my weekly assault of grocery store adds in the mail and something caught my attention...

Grocery Outlet is advertising Cascadia Ridge Brewing Company beers, out of San Jose CA, as a Grocery Outlet exclusive. A preliminary search lead me to find out that Gordon Biersch is producing this product which was of little surprise considering that both Gordon Biersch and Cascadia Ridge's labels are equally ugly.... but I digress.

Anyone know anything about Gordon Biersch? Are they a brewing company for the sake of the beer or a brewing company for the sake of a business venture? The add caught my attention and now I'm thinking the whole thing sorta wreaks of the whole Budweiser faux microbrew products.

Thoughts?

I can't speak to their business plan, but I have to say that I don't think much of Gordon Biersch's products. They have restaurant down the road. I did a side-by-side tasting of Maibocks last spring for my beer club, and GB's was the bottom out of 8 by almost unanimous consent. The rest of the brews are about the same in my book: weak, flavorless, and BMC-ish. In the interest of fairness, though, I have to say that one of my buddies loves their Oktoberfest (a style I don't much care for).

"All your home brew are belong to us!"

Back