312 Urban Wheat Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WriterWriter

Reaction score
Hey all,

Down in Kansas City at the moment and came across this 312 Urban Wheat Ale from Goose Island Brewery out of Chicago. I'm not so crazy about it myself. There's something about the citrus bite that annoys me. And there's this 'light' aspect to it as well. That being said, if I could homebrew something like this I'd probably be patting myself on the back...then I'd readjust the recipe to triple the hops.

Thoughts? Angry rebuttals?

While I'm in KC, the Boulevard Wheat is what I like to have stocking the fridge.

-WW

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/goose-island-312-clone-discussion-86129/

The above link is my discussion of this beer. I will check the thread and make sure my notes are correct. The beer I brewed was very good but I will be changing a few things on my next attempt to get it closer to the 312. These beers are a serious crowd pleaser with BMC folk and still have enough backbone to make a real beer drinker happy.

Where have you been drinking here in KC?

Can't say I've hit anywhere that's brewpub-y to say, though if you know of a place I'd be happy to hear it. We've had dinner at Dos Hombres and Louisiana Jazz -- the latter being the first place I've tried fried pickles and blackened catfish. Fantastic.

Then St. Paddy's Day was spent at O'Doud's down at the plaza, which has a great interior. I want my basement to look like that.

What area are you staying ? 75th st brewery has good beer and good food. Flying saucer down town has lots on tap but with Basketball in town it is probably a mess down there. Free State out in Lawrence is great if you don't mind the 45 min drive.

What area are you staying ? 75th st brewery has good beer and good food. Flying saucer down town has lots on tap but with Basketball in town it is probably a mess down there. Free State out in Lawrence is great if you don't mind the 45 min drive.

+1. there is mega truth in this paragraph.
i love 75th street brewery, they have some REALLY tastey beers. and quite a selection! i wish i had a clone recipe for blvd's wheat beer...

Ahhhhh I was down round 39th and Rainbow but I'm gone now. I checked out 75th's web page....looks great! But I will be back in a few months and will make a bee line there. Thanks for the info!

did you stop by the blvd brewery? you're practically there, at that intersection. that little road there also happens to be mexican food heaven. mmm, beer and tacos...

Sigh, it was on the list but we only had 5 days. But fortunately, as I said, I'll be back there before too long. Driving right from there to Portland, OR, as I alluded to in another thread.

Ah Portland. They say that you never make it all the way to the ocean because you drown in beer before you get to the water.

(well, if they don't say that....they might want to start)

Latest posts

Back