• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Great Taste of the Midwest 2011 Ticket(s)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheMan

Reaction score
Looking for a ticket to the Great taste....Anyone got an extra? I'd prefer 2, but 1 would be helpful. Our group was missing one person (he overslept and missed the caravan).

PM me if you got one you'd like to unload any.

Thanks!

I might have one available. We waited at tyranena and I think one of our group members has a spare ticket. Unfortunately, I think he's wanting more money for it. I can't stand it when people ask for higher than the price they paid (especially for beer) but, he's not a beer fanatic like most of us and he just wants to make a few bucks.

I think he's asking $100 for it. If you're interested, I'll let him know.

Hmm...that's a tough decision. Anyway he can go down some and i'll give you some homebrew for the assist? lol

I'd probably do $80

I can't stand people selling these for profit either...I had an extra last year and sold it for the $40 I paid. I see no reason to jack up the cost, it's for beer lovers.

He said no dice. He's selling it on ebay and setting the reserve at $150. I won't be inviting him next year... If you're only in it to profit, you don't deserve to be going.

Go to the fest and hit the busses when they come in. Someone always has an extra due to someone can't make it.

Wow, $150? That's ludicrous. Oh well. Good luck to him.

I was curious and did an ebay search of festival tickets. There's a pair of tickets set at a buy it now of $450 right now. I doubt anyone will spend that, but it wouldn't suprise me.

This always happens with these beer events, everyone talks a good game with their buddies, they buy a bunch of tickets; then reality sets in...aka the lady. You will be able to land some tickets just be patient. Same thing happened here with Dark Lord (Three Floyds). People wanted big bucks 2 months out, we ended up paying 1.5 face a week out.
Regardless, its ridiculous. Good luck, I hope you have a great time.

I have found several people that have stated as mcoakley suggested. Apparently it's not difficult to find someone at the fairgrounds with tix for face value. However, you must understand that we are coming from 2.5 hours away...So if we drove that and he didn't find a ticket he would have to sit around for 5 hours till we get done only to hang out with a bunch of drunk friends lol. Ideally finding a ticket beforehand is best.

We will keep searching though. I am sure a decent deal will pop up. It's just irritating that people with no intention of going buy these and sell them for profit. It ruins it for the people that are actually into whatever the event is.

I have found several people that have stated as mcoakley suggested. Apparently it's not difficult to find someone at the fairgrounds with tix for face value. However, you must understand that we are coming from 2.5 hours away...So if we drove that and he didn't find a ticket he would have to sit around for 5 hours till we get done only to hang out with a bunch of drunk friends lol. Ideally finding a ticket beforehand is best.

We will keep searching though. I am sure a decent deal will pop up. It's just irritating that people with no intention of going buy these and sell them for profit. It ruins it for the people that are actually into whatever the event is.

I completely agree. On the up side...madison is a great beer city. If he can't find a ticket, there are plenty of great places he can go to have good beer until you guys get out of the event. I have 10 people going with me this year. We all have tickets, but we've talked about having another group go with just to meet up afterwards.

If you've never been...Great Dane is an excellent place to grab a pint. We start out there every year by having food before the festival. The food is amazing. The beer is average...but the atmosphere is what makes the bar.

Back