Kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HBMuppet

Reaction score
I am looking at moving onto kegs. Question for the panel is, should I look at using and old fridge or chest freezer? Pros and Cons of both?
:mug:

Lots of info in the bottle/kegging section.

If you have an old fridge you want to convert then you should, but if you are starting fresh you should look at the 'sizing your chest freezer' or whatever it is thread in the sticky of that section. It will show how many kegs a chest freezer holds.

Lots of people have converted fridges, but the general consensus seems to be chest freezers hold in the cold when you open them and seem to allow for more kegs/taps in a smaller space.

I was leaning towards a keezer but I let craigslist make my decision and picked up a used Oster and did a kegerator. If I would do it again I would hold out and find a chest freezer. I've only filled two kegs and already wish I could have more than two beers on tap. Get a keezer that holds at least 4 and I think you'll be happier than a kegerator.

Had a refrigerator, replaced it with a freezer. My main problem with the fridge was having to remove all of the kegs when one in the back row floated.

Back