Valve stem for ball lock kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turboninja64

Reaction score
I was interested in the co2 cartridge bike pumps for serving. And since I had the stuff lying around I decided to make it work. I didnt take pictures as I went but a got pictures of all the parts online. I started with a gas ball lock disconnect that has the threaded nut for the barb. I drilled out the center of the barb just enough to fit a bicycle tire stem. image_1919.jpg image_1941.jpg I cut the stem out of an old bicycle innertube. Once it was out it looked like the stem on the right in the picture.Bicycle_Tire_Valve_and_Valve_Stem_v0.jpg_200x200.jpg Then I removed the stem core and soldered the stem into the barb. Reinstalled the core and now I have a valve stem for using the co2 cartridge pump for serving or just compressed air for pushing cleaner through the system instead of wasting co2. 0305121735.jpg0301121503.jpg

Back