What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A seasonal from Newcastle: Cabbie Black Ale. On sale at Rite-Aid Pharmacy for $10.99 a 12-pack. The supermarket across the street wants $16.99 for a 6 pack of Newcastle Brown Ale; I shudder to think what they're probably pricing this stuff at.

It's not bad. Not bad at all. But my mind's at war with my taste buds, because it associates seriously dark beers with seriously strong beer - not relatively mild-tasting, 4.2% ABV ales...

You should come down to Groton when it's released here. We got 3 cases in last Friday and the last one was bought this past Monday. Lasts forever here because no one in Groton really cares that much about craft beer.

Seriously?? We've got a limit of 1 4-pack per customer at most places here (the few that carry it) and I still can't get my hands on 1 if I don't get there within 2 hours of the announcement.

wobrien said:
You are such a tease, lol

I like my trades to be based on styles and a couple of wants. Tell me a couple you want and what you like, I will fill in the rest. I tell people what breweries I am interested in and almost never request a specific beer and include the phrase "send any cool local beer that you really like that I don't even know about yet". It has worked out great for me so far! All night I have been torturing the recipient by including obscured shots of those beers in the background, he only knows what one of those are.

Finale ... Hopefully I stay awake to the end! :D

image-2785827466.jpg

#stoutday #5

nukebrewer said:
Yeah. I ended buying almost a full case by myself. I'll shoot you a PM next time we get it in the store and I could even snag some for you just to be on the safe side.

That's awesome! Thanks!

Mixed feelings about this. And now onto some Gnarly Head Merlot. Good priced, good tasting wine. I also have a little Knob Creek smoked maple to try out to compare to Crown Royals maple.

ForumRunner_20131108_225247.png

I, uh....finished a couple of rather strong margaritas and now I'm not sure if I have the willpower to drink anymore. I'm worried that I will pour myself something and then only get halfway through it before I collapse.

weirdboy said:
I, uh....finished a couple of rather strong margaritas and now I'm not sure if I have the willpower to drink anymore. I'm worried that I will pour myself something and then only get halfway through it before I collapse.

Rally!!

Wussy!
:ban:
Wifey was having contractions before she went to bed so I'm drinking water to sober up just in case :D

hahaha! Congrats man! Congrats!

Sierra Nevada Tumbler.

Hello said:
Wussy!
:ban:

hahaha! Congrats man! Congrats!

Sierra Nevada Tumbler.

It's not happening tonight, but I gotta be careful just in case. Don't want to have to call a taxi to get to the hospital...

That would be ****ing hilarious!
But seriously, this thread sees more action on the weekdays.

OK fine I decided to pour another. This time, an Angelino IPA from Angel City Brewing, which is now owned by Boston Brewing. So I decided to use my Sam Adams glass.

ForumRunner_20131108_212306.jpg

EDIT: apparently they are not owned by Boston Brewing, but by Alchemy and Science, which is a brewing-related company made by the guys behind Magic Hat.

Sounds like you saw enough action for all of us earlier. :mug:
LOL Yes and no. I just can't do anything with guys who claim to be happily married but want to ram their tongues down my throat. Color me moral but I don't think sleeping with you only when your wife leaves town is my thing. :eek: ****ing morals... I hate them all.
It just seems quiet bc Remmy passed out around 10...
hahah that'll do it!
Haha just found this in my cabinet.

View attachment 159103
DRINK DRINK DRINK IT!
I just finished a 4 pack of Oskar Blues Ten Fidy...now what?
I bow to you!

[QUOTE="Hello;5651316"

DRINK DRINK DRINK IT!

[/QUOTE]

Do ya think it'll be tasty?

Drinking the Knob Creek Maple right now. This one is also really good. I possibly like this more than the Crown Maple now. But I think I need to grab myself a full bottle lf this and drink it to really decide.

Do ya think it'll be tasty?

Drinking the Knob Creek Maple right now. This one is also really good. I possibly like this more than the Crown Maple now. But I think I need to grab myself a full bottle lf this and drink it to really decide.

An almost 40 yr old airplane bottle of Crown? Hell no it isn't going to be tasty. Doesn't mean you shouldn't drink it.

An almost 40 yr old airplane bottle of Crown? Hell no it isn't going to be tasty. Doesn't mean you shouldn't drink it.

Hahaha ok I am going for it. I am already a little buzzed though , which should make it even more amazing haha. I'll report when I finish off this glass of wine and pop the Crown into a glass.

Hahaha ok I am going for it. I am already a little buzzed though , which should make it even more amazing haha. I'll report when I finish off this glass of wine and pop the Crown into a glass.

I'm guessing it's breathed plenty over the years in a 1.5 oz bottle with a plastic screw top. Drink it from the bottle. :D

I'm guessing it's breathed plenty over the years in a 1.5 oz bottle with a plastic screw top. Drink it from the bottle. :D

Oh but I feel that the aroma and complexity of the whiskey will be most positively affected by the effect it has in a tulip or a snifter.

LOL Yes and no. I just can't do anything with guys who claim to be happily married but want to ram their tongues down my throat. Color me moral but I don't think sleeping with you only when your wife leaves town is my thing. :eek: ****ing morals... I hate them all.
Aint nothin wrong with morals sometimes any guy that does thats a ****** anyway

Oh but I feel that the aroma and complexity of the whiskey will be most positively affected by the effect it has in a tulip or a snifter.

So how was it!???

Thirsty, some water and this cool story I printed a while back about an early hop farmer that died on the titanic and his farms fell apart, but i guess they saved one strain and grew it at the local fairgrounds

ForumRunner_20131109_041400.jpg

Back