Ball Lock Kegs: 4 for $130

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DGibb

Reaction score
I saw this deal for four reconditioned ball lock kegs (no pressure release valve, right?) on the Adventures in Homebrewing website today and I was wondering if this is a good deal. I'm looking to start kegging and am still undecided on ball lock or pin lock.

I am not affiliated with them in any way, but they are one of my local homebrew shops.

32.50 ea is a really good price for reconditioned ball locks especially if you can buy them local and not pay shipping on top of that price.

Make sure they aren't converting old pinlocks to ball lock kegs too. I for wlone would be quite upset if a short fat pin keg showed up and wouldn't fit in my keezer.

A week before I picked up 4 used ball locks from them WITH pressure release valves and replacement o rings for only 50 bucks more (plus change), if you want to start kegging, they have better alternatives than those on their site.

Why do pin locks not have pressure release valves? It seems like you need a pressure relief valve for safety, regardless of the connection type.

BetterSense said:
Why do pin locks not have pressure release valves? It seems like you need a pressure relief valve for safety, regardless of the connection type.

Pin locks do have safety relief valves, but they're static, so you can't just yank on a ring to release the pressure. Instead, you use a screwdriver to press down the poppit. (Or so I've heard -- I use ball lock.)

Revvy said:
I don't know what you mean, that's the price for the regular used ball locks, on the website. Right here. 39 apiece plus another 3 for the o rings=$168. So only 38 bucks more that the 130 for those, not 50 bucks more like I thought earlier.

I misunderstood. I thought you were saying you got two for fifty.

Latest posts

Back