Remember our Keg Spammer??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:eek: :mad:

Never bought from him (still not kegging yet) but his site was shady as was his approach here. Mail fraud, thats a fun adventure with the FBI. Better change your name to the Keg Queen and bring the K-Y Jelly...

WOW.....good thread Sam...thanks for the info.

I was on vacation when he spammed this site but I got a bunch of reported posts in my e-mail box from you guys about it. I hope they nab the bastid.

And why does he have to be from Wisconsin?????

My expierence with this guy had me feeling ripped off. I paid by check. About 10 emails later and a month passed I finally got my kegs. I kept getting excuses. First he said he ran out of kegs and he was waiting for another shippment. Then he told me his box supplier shafted him, and he couldnt ship them until he got more boxes. Blah blah!

I paid $65 for hand selected matching Cornelius kegs. They were the crappiest kegs I have ever seen, and NOT MATCHING! 2 were fair in fair condition. One was a Firestone and totally missing a post and a pressure relief valve. The other was nasty, dented, weather beaten, and had chewed up posts. All of the poppits and valves were bad (rotten and cracked), and they didn't hold pressure. I wrote the guy about this and never got a reply.

I had already bought gasket kits for all of them before ordering, but I ended up having to buy 4 pressure valves, 8 poppits, and a liquid post. After scrubbing and rebuilding, I ended up with 2 really nice ones and 2 "just decent" ones. But the money I spent to recondition them made it totally NOT worth my while. I sold the two "just decent" ones last week, for $50 on Craigslist. Basically I just broke even on those.

I just found a soda supplier 2 miles from me that will sell me cornies for $16 bucks, and I get to hand select them myself. Im gonna try that in a few weeks. He has hundreds of them, stacked to the celing. He sells his used Co2 regulators for $25 bucks too!

Ed_Savage said:
My expierence with this guy had me feeling ripped off. I paid by check. About 10 emails later and a month passed I finally got my kegs. I kept getting excuses. First he said he ran out of kegs and he was waiting for another shippment. Then he told me his box supplier shafted him, and he couldnt ship them until he got more boxes. Blah blah!

I paid $65 for hand selected matching Cornelius kegs. They were the crappiest kegs I have ever seen, and NOT MATCHING! 2 were fair in fair condition. One was a Firestone and totally missing a post and a pressure relief valve. The other was nasty, dented, weather beaten, and had chewed up posts. All of the poppits and valves were bad (rotten and cracked), and they didn't hold pressure. I wrote the guy about this and never got a reply.

I had already bought gasket kits for all of them before ordering, but I ended up having to buy 4 pressure valves, 8 poppits, and a liquid post. After scrubbing and rebuilding, I ended up with 2 really nice ones and 2 "just decent" ones. But the money I spent to recondition them made it totally NOT worth my while. I sold the two "just decent" ones last week, for $50 on Craigslist. Basically I just broke even on those.

I just found a soda supplier 2 miles from me that will sell me cornies for $16 bucks, and I get to hand select them myself. Im gonna try that in a few weeks. He has hundreds of them, stacked to the celing. He sells his used Co2 regulators for $25 bucks too!

Its bad to hear about your misfortune, but good to hear about your fortune!

I hate to hear that the guy is on the wrong side of things. I didn't have a bad experience because I was in Oshkosh for the EAA airshow and stopped by the shop and picked my own kegs and paid cash. Wasn't much to screw up or with at that point. The shop guy was a good guy to deal with but the operation was disorganized and a bit out of control. They also handled reselling lots of food machinery. It looked like a guy just trying to make a buck reselling cast off stuff, too bad he screwed it up, but it might provide someone an oppurtunity to get in the keg business with better service control. MPW

El Pistolero said:
Just out of curiosity, why did you even deal with this guy?

I read ALOT of really good things about this guy on a fourm called "Brew Commune". Now there are alot of BAD things written about him on there. I guess his business started turning sour right around the time I made my order.

Ed_Savage said:
I read ALOT of really good things about this guy on a fourm called "Brew Commune". Now there are alot of BAD things written about him on there. I guess his business started turning sour right around the time I made my order.
You've got to wonder how many of the people saying good things about him were just him under different user names. ;)

I was real hesitant about ordering from him, as you had to call and mail in payment, and couldnt place orders online. This made me real suspicious. Years ago, yes this was the way to go, but now days, if your going to be selling online, and are serious about your business, you have an online ordering portal. The website, the warning on emails, etc... everything put up red flags. Glad I didnt order from him.

I just ordered 4 kegs from www.homebrewing.org. Came to $85 once shipping was included. I got an email today that they were shipped via UPS (including a tracking number). For me, it's worth the extra 10-20 dollars for the quick service. I'll let you know what shape the kegs are in when I get them.

Kephren said:
...(including a tracking number that doesn't work...?)...

Mine was like that for the first day. Check in a day or so and it will show as in progress.

Latest posts

Back