Leinie's Fireside Nut Brown

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bernie Brewer

Grouchy Old Fart
Reaction score
lfiresidebotttle08.jpg

I had this at a local tavern last night. I must say, it is just horrible. It tastes like sarsaparilla. First Sunset Wheat, now this stuff. Blech. I haven't been impressed with a new Leinie's product in quite a while.

One thing about Leine's that I hate is that all of their beers are lagers. Is this nut brown also a lager? That would be very weird, but they also have wheat beers that are lagers and their weiss is a lager...........so I bet you've got yourself a lager that is labeled nut brown.

Yes, it's a lager. When they first started coming out with different brews, I was staunch Leinie's supporter. Now i dislike more of their brews than I like.

This recipe sounds good and a avid lover of Sunset Wheat I will be trying this as soon as i can get my hands on it.

I'll be up in Chippewa Falls soon, I'll get to try it.

I'd agree, ol' Jake needs a good swift kick in the balls.

Anyone know when the Big Eddy gets released? Do they sell it in bottles or jst on tap?

Back