Mistakes in Parenting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two mistakes this past weekend while on vacation.

1. Went 4 wheeling in the Black Hills and ended up on some pretty gnarly trails. That would have been fine, but I had my two year old on the back of mine. They don't make seats with belts for kids, so I had her strapped in with a ratchet strap and it held really well, and she had her helmet on. No biggie, right?

Wrong. As I was going up a 45° incline made up of mostly shale, my left wheels fell into a washout and the 4 wheeler started to tip over. I stuck out my leg (risking a break) to keep it from flipping over, with my kid strapped in.

I stayed that way for ~5 min before my wife noticed I wasn't behind her and she comes tearing back down the trail to get our kid out. I was then able to gun it out of the washout, but didn't feel comfortable doing it with the kid strapped in. We abandoned that trail after that.

2. Drove through the Badlands and went to Wall Drug on our way home. Eight hours in the car with a two year old on the last day.

Enough said.

we're dying our 4 y/o's mohawk blue tonight.

wait... is this the "Awesome Parenting" thread?

We will need pictures.

Water, smoking some chops on the smoker at work today. Our student worker form Alabama brought in turkey tails to smoke, never had them but will try them.

Hey... so, you know how on shopping carts they have that warning not to put your kid in the "big" part of the cart? That they should only ride in the appointed riding area? Apparently there is a reason for that.

0727050639.jpg

Good job, Mom.

Yeah... I wasn't with them so I missed he waterworks. And she just flopped out, wife went left, she went right. Of course, in true toddler fashion, she is oblivious to the whole thing and is just as crazy as ever.

So my buddy and I took our kids bike riding today and they sit in the pull alongs. Well at the end of the trail before we turn back there is a jump/bmx park. He got the bright ideal to jump some hills with his 3 year old in the back. We hear "uh daddy, uh daddy!" He looks back and the pull along had flipped "mid air" and was laying on its side. She was wearing her helment and was strapped in, plus it was a small jump. But of course I had to yell "father of the year!"

Oh man.. glad your guy's little girls are champs. Duly noted NOT to put my little one in the big part of the cart lol.

She had for older brothers, rough an tumble types, she asked me if she could join them on a bike ride. They dove into a drainage ditch and she followed. The boys were fine, she totaled her bike, protruding compound fracture, concussion etc.

The EMT was a coworker, "good job!" Was his only comment.

She had for older brothers, rough an tumble types, she asked me if she could join them on a bike ride. They dove into a drainage ditch and she followed. The boys were fine, she totaled her bike, protruding compound fracture, concussion etc.

The EMT was a coworker, "good job!" Was his only comment.

Ouch. Good thing the co-worker didn't decide to call DFCS! Some busy-bodies would. On the good side, your daughter now has two things going for her: 1) something to show all her friends and 2) something to bash her brothers with (cast in both cases. :D )

I am sending a link to this thread to Social Services, all you monsters will be put away behind bars soon for child abuse.

:mad: :p :D

My daughter is beginning braces. She currently has a top and bottom retainer. Both are designed to widen her mouth a little before they put the actual braces on.

The bottom one comes out and is adjusted every 5 days. The top one was mounted and glued into her mouth. It gets adjusted every day. I have to put a long stick with a hinged pin in her mouth to turn the screw that widens it.

I can't see what the hell in doing in there.

So I put on a headlamp.

I see this coming up in some future therapy session or a standup comedy routine.

My wife decided she would rather use a pen-flashlight to look in our daughter's mouth instead of a headlamp. She holds it under her chin while she adjusts the screw.

Or should I say "held"? She dropped the flashlight on her head while turning the screw last night.

Bud.jpg

That's Koolaid all over hiss face. He and his sister was chugging it (Cause you know, I let them do that) and I hear an intense amount of laughter from his sister. They bust out and he's wearing a wig and what not.

I'm very non traditional on "gender roles". My son plays dress up with his older sister so if he's wearing a dress it's no skin of my back. Quite the opposite I snap a pick and hold on till it to use at a later date.

Can't wait till they start dating. "Like my Daughter huh? Here's a pic of her in a top hat when she was 6. "Like my son? He looked lot like you himself till he took the wig off".

Latest posts

Back