Check these out...motorized bikes!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoHeadsBrewing

Reaction score
This company builds motorized bikes, and also sells kits to convert your existing bike. Two-stroke engine, about 150mpg, top speed around 30mph...I think I'm in love!

http://www.spookytoothcycles.com/

I think this bike is my fav:
4x040034web.jpg

bentride07by6.jpg

thats the bike you need, nothing like a genuine(former) world speed record holder. gotta love the V-8 on a bike with no suspension.

there is a guy around me that I see every night coming home from work riding a mountain bike with a motor on it... the thing really moves, but since it isn't street legal you have to watch where you ride...

esp since the state police barrack is right near out house :D

Yeah my brother built one 4 years ago. The kits are made in china and imported to the USA, he bought it from one of the first guys that started selling them there, the company was called Angelwings.
All I can say is they are a ***** to get started, like any cheap two stroke motor, and it's really hard the align the chain, making the chain coming off a common occurance.

I rode one for a couple of years. Mine did 30 MPH. I was constantly having to weld up the frame of the bike. those motors shake a bike to death. they put a heck of a lot more stress on the drive train and frame. If you get one put it on the cheapest paperboy special you can find.Then you will be happy. Don't put it on a suspended bike, you will get a better ride but it wont last long. Adding the motor will effectively double the unsprung weight of the bike and add hi-cycle(7000-12000rpm) vibrations to the entire bike. Good luck and wear a helmet plz.

oh and a side note: this doesn't make your 22 speed mountain bike a dirt bike :D

the dude near me took his off the road onto a jump and when he got air-born, he must've had the throttle going so the rear tire went higher than the front and he totally flipped his bike and wrecked it... :drunk:

I never laughed so hard in my life I totally forgot to go on the green light and people ended up honking at me, however it was time well spent.

Back