Death of a Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iamtommyboy

Reaction score
So back when I bought my house some years ago, I also picked me up an el cheapo used refridge from CL. Cheap, but perfect for my keg. I have always kept a thermometer on it to ensure it is at the temperature I like. Over the past few days, I have noticed the temp changing significantly. It will go from 30 degrees to 45 degrees and back again. Currently, I have 4 cases of homebrew and about a case or so of commercial beer that friends have brought over and left in the fridge. Oh yeah, and I am heading to the airport to catch a flight tonight. I was panicking. I didn't know what I was going to do.

Then I remembered something. Not too long ago, I decided to begin kegging my beer, as bottling was taking too much time (I am the instant gratification type!) So, once again, I turned to good ole CL for kegs. The guy I bought my kegs from was getting rid of all of his homebrew stuff, so I also grabbed some cool looking swing top bottles from him. As a bonus, he happened to throw in a new in package johnson controls thermostat. Thank heavens for this....I dug it out of my cabinet and immediately transferred all of the frozen goods from my upright freezer to my regular freezer, transferred the beer and hooked up the thermostat.

So now, I am going to looking into a chest freezer and build a nice keezer. I have seen lots of great ideas on here and will likely be ripping a few of you off in the process! I am kinda glad that old fridge is dying...its always been kinds of ugly, but has served me well for some years!

Latest posts

Back