Buying a new Freezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it really dosent matter just get a good deal. Talk the sales guy/gal down as low as you can then walk away ha ha ha I love doing that then come back the next day and ask them if they will still sell it to me for 50 bucks less than what they said yesteday. and make sure its frost free and big enough for expansion.
JJ

I'm going to conv it to a keezer. Dose it still have to be a frost free model?

Not to use it as a kegger, the temperature won't be high enough to form frost. But, be prepared to deal with condensation.

Branding is difficult call these days. So much production has moved overseas that a brand's history is not applicable.

david_42 said:
Not to use it as a kegger, the temperature won't be high enough to form frost. But, be prepared to deal with condensation.

What do you mean? Is there a solution to this problem?

I agree with RockfordWhite. Right now I just looked and have my pick of 100 or so chest freezers on Craigslist. If you are converting it for beer, I think this is the way to go instead of new. For whatever reason, chest freezers have a ridiculously low resale value (even "like new" ones). You should be able to pick up a very nice chest freezer (that SWMBO will approve of) for under $100 on any given day.

Good luck. Also if you really want a new one those are nice too :D

the only reason i'm looking at buying a new one is becouse i'm looking at the one I bought in the fall off of Craigslist thet wont get below 44F.

Back