What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0333.jpeg

2 Docs Red Rye with Grains of Paradise, a nice cigar and UFC301 preliminaries.

Carb/lagering check.
HB Cream Ale, fermented with CS German lager yeast. Not fully carb’d yet, only been a few days using the “set it and forget it” method. Tastes good already, light and refreshing. When I take a sip and close my eyes I can almost hear a lawnmower running in the distance.

IMG_3983.jpg

Well it’s been several months since my DecemberFest Lager and IPA Fests, which took a toll on the old BeerMeister. Doctor said “Lose the Dad Bod”. I think those high ABV IPA’s really did a number on me.

So, here I am, BeerMeister2.0 back in the saddle, 42 lbs lighter. I did it “old school” by cutting back on calories and shutting off the beer tap. No Ozempic or Golo here! Well, actually I switched over to non-alcohol beers, I’m in the habit of drinking SOMETHING in the evenings, and it wasn’t that hard for me to switch – as long as I had something cold to sip on each night.

I’m still going to keep the diet going for a while, so only the occasional regulation-strength beer. Maybe I’ll review a few of those and a few of these diet beers as they come up.

To give you an idea of what 42 lbs feels like, 42 lbs is 672 ounces. A can of beer is 13 ounces, that equals about 51.69 cans of beer weight - Hey, Hey! - that’s about the amount in a typical 5 gallon batch of beer! Imagine packing a 5-gallon keg full of brew around your middle 24/7!!!!

So how does Budweiser Zero taste? I’ll tell ya, I’ve been trying all the NA (Non-Alcohol) brews available, and I’m finding this Bud Zero my go-to diet beer. You have to sort of rate these in their own category, they aren’t obviously going to stack up against a full-strength beer. Not bad for what it is – a 50 calorie, no alcohol beer. How these guys pull it off is beyond me. Prost!

IMG_7484.jpeg

I have yet to try this. A store I was in earlier today had the tall cans (19.2oz) in the cooler. Probably should have grabbed a couple.
I would recommend giving it a go. I think there's some artificial flavoring but a Mind Haze 12pk variety for $18 is great for me. The 8%er version is the best IMHO.

Seems like the perfect day to try. Love the 12.5% BA action here.

PXL_20240505_232831565.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

Last edited:
Well it’s been several months since my DecemberFest Lager and IPA Fests, which took a toll on the old BeerMeister. Doctor said “Lose the Dad Bod”. I think those high ABV IPA’s really did a number on me.

So, here I am, BeerMeister2.0 back in the saddle, 42 lbs lighter. I did it “old school” by cutting back on calories and shutting off the beer tap. No Ozempic or Golo here! Well, actually I switched over to non-alcohol beers, I’m in the habit of drinking SOMETHING in the evenings, and it wasn’t that hard for me to switch – as long as I had something cold to sip on each night.

I’m still going to keep the diet going for a while, so only the occasional regulation-strength beer. Maybe I’ll review a few of those and a few of these diet beers as they come up.

To give you an idea of what 42 lbs feels like, 42 lbs is 672 ounces. A can of beer is 13 ounces, that equals about 51.69 cans of beer weight - Hey, Hey! - that’s about the amount in a typical 5 gallon batch of beer! Imagine packing a 5-gallon keg full of brew around your middle 24/7!!!!

So how does Budweiser Zero taste? I’ll tell ya, I’ve been trying all the NA (Non-Alcohol) brews available, and I’m finding this Bud Zero my go-to diet beer. You have to sort of rate these in their own category, they aren’t obviously going to stack up against a full-strength beer. Not bad for what it is – a 50 calorie, no alcohol beer. How these guys pull it off is beyond me. Prost!

View attachment 848035
I lost about 60lbs a couple years back going on Healthy Keto. No doubt felt better and clear headed. 🍻 To the new journey!

My brother tasted my Dogfish Head 60 Minute clone I intend to serve to guests at my son’s graduation party next weekend and he said he likes it. “Tastes good, I’ll drink it” he says.
It’s still a little hazy so it’ll be served in red solo cups and nobody will know any better. The Pilsner I have ready is clear as a bell and tastes great, as well as the Hefeweizen (not clear, but not supposed to be). Should be a good time :drunk:
30 bottles of raspberry hard lemonade will be available for the non beer drinkers.
Meanwhile… finishing up my research six pack.
IMG_2052.jpeg

My brother tasted my Dogfish Head 60 Minute clone I intend to serve to guests at my son’s graduation party next weekend and he said he likes it. “Tastes good, I’ll drink it” he says.
It’s still a little hazy so it’ll be served in red solo cups and nobody will know any better. The Pilsner I have ready is clear as a bell and tastes great, as well as the Hefeweizen (not clear, but not supposed to be). Should be a good time :drunk:
30 bottles of raspberry hard lemonade will be available for the non beer drinkers.
Meanwhile… finishing up my research six pack.
View attachment 848055
I miss not having all the youngsters around to brew the Raspberry HL. Maybe for myself in the summer...if the clouds ever go away.

OT, more Summer 12.5% BBaBW. So good...and flying into San Francisco, what could go wrong?

17149576411785134136179489400728.jpg

Michelada, homemade Bloody Mary mix. Spicy, very tasty.View attachment 848067
College days!

Friday afternoons, the poor college kids (me)
would head down to Louise’s on Tennessee Avenue for ‘no lie’ 45 oz schooners of Falstaff and join the factory workers who’d dump 6 oz mini-cans of tomato juice into those $.25 beers. Called ‘em Red Beers.

I don’t know if it says more about the relative cost of Falstaff (the equivalent price of nearly four 12 oz cans for $.25), or how many years ago those days actually were! Sweet Louise must have made up the difference with sales of jerky and pickled hard boiled eggs.

Ahh, I can almost smell the sulphuric emanations.

Back