Helpful Video for Beginners

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idkid

Reaction score
Even though I'm not at the point of trying it, I have had tons of questions on here and in my mind about the process of mashing. Just the term "mash" is confusing because, being a Kentucky boy, when I hear "mash" I think of a huge pot of my grandma's buttery mashed potatoes. And in that respect, I've come to find that beer mashing doesn't involve the same type of "mashing" (you're not taking a masher and mashing the grains like that). So on a whim, I decided to go to Amazon and get myself some more books, videos, info. I stumbled upon a video called Learn to Brew: Advance all Grain Brewing. Again, I'm not ready to do this yet and don't have the equipment even if I did want to try but let me tell you that it makes mashing/lautering/lautering tun/etc etc so much clearer to actually watch someone do it. I'm sure it'd be even better to watch in person but I don't have the luxury of that. The video is 9.99 and you pay for it immediately and it uploads to your computer. I'd highly recommend it. It's only 38ish minutes long and really helped me. From one noob to another....give it a shot!

homebrewer_99 said:
If you order from Midwestsupplies.com you get a CD or video on brewing for FREE!!;)

actually now you get a letter saying there video was edited wrong and if you make another order later they will include it.

Back