I made this weird recipe and i came out pretty good

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Righlander

Reaction score
I made this recipe recently and i didn't add enough hops, I only did a 30 minute boil and I'm pretty sure it was a bad combination of hops and grain. I posted the recipe on the forums a while back and everyone was saying it was way under hopped and told me i could dry hop it and that might save the beer. so I did... the beer has been in the bottle 3 weeks so last night i tried one. I was expecting A disaster but the beer actually came out really good. I have no idea what style it would be considered so, can anyone tell me what style this beer is?

5.5 gallons
3lbs Pale Malt DME
3lbs Amber Malt DME
1/2lb Munich Malt
1/2lb Vienna Malt
1/2lb Crystal 60 Malt
1lb Pale Malt
1oz Tettnang Hops 30 mins
1oz Hallertau Hops 30 mins
2oz Cascade hops (dry hopped)
Yeast Saflager s-23 11.5g

Procedure

Mash all grains for 60 minutes at 154F in 2 gallons of water. Boil for 30 minutes adding all hops for the full 30 minutes. Add all DME after 15 minutes. Primary 14 days then racked to secondary and dry hopped 2oz cascade for an additional 14 days then bottled for 3 weeks. ended up at 6.0% abv

Back