I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My mozzarella was a success today. I made a double batch of fresh mozzarella with the supplies that came with the cheese making kit I bought, plus the citric acid I already had. So I now have two pounds or so of fresh mozzarella in my fridge. I brined them in a saturated salt solution I made from sea salt and a little Himalayan salt. They are tasty. :)

Take that 15$ a pound fresh mozzarella prices! I laugh at your excessive cost.

Hmm, I drank 9 oz of everclear in an hour and a half.... I've got another 3 about ready to go down. Can't really tell if it's day or night anymore. Hopefully night. I will be sleeping soon I'm sure.

Well, lived to brew another day. Ended up raining all day, so just a small batch on the stovetop. About 2 gallons. Enough to get the house smelling good.

You probably won't be surprised to know that I talk to my beer. A friend was over working on the electrical in my shed and came walking back to my craft room to ask a question, he caught me talking to my beer. Actually asking it a question about it's flavor. It was a rhetorical question, I didn't expect it to answer me. He thought I was on the phone at first and apologized for interrupting. Then he saw there was no phone, just a bucket of beer.

Anyone feel like getting some music going? I'm in the mood for something mellow. Guess I can go look on youtube, but I always end up lost in some deep, dark corner when I go there.

Well, lived to brew another day. Ended up raining all day, so just a small batch on the stovetop. About 2 gallons. Enough to get the house smelling good.

You probably won't be surprised to know that I talk to my beer. A friend was over working on the electrical in my shed and came walking back to my craft room to ask a question, he caught me talking to my beer. Actually asking it a question about it's flavor. It was a rhetorical question, I didn't expect it to answer me. He thought I was on the phone at first and apologized for interrupting. Then he saw there was no phone, just a bucket of beer.

Anyone feel like getting some music going? I'm in the mood for something mellow. Guess I can go look on youtube, but I always end up lost in some deep, dark corner when I go there.
You mean like here?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, I drank 9 oz of everclear in an hour and a half.... I've got another 3 about ready to go down. Can't really tell if it's day or night anymore. Hopefully night. I will be sleeping soon I'm sure.

LOL, didn't see your posts until just now. Nice!!! I guess mellow music is out then. We need loud party music!!

So. I decided I didn't want to pay the extra 17$ a month +95$ for installation of the equipment I wanted for the extra hdtv I'd like in my bedroom. SO, I bought this stuff.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009E6R89C/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000C1Z0HA/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003B4O7NS/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

I'm going to shoot the HDMI output from my satellite receiver wirelessly to my bedroom tv, and shoot the remote pulses back. Not sure if that's brilliant or insane. It should be fun to play with all the components though. :ban:

Ok, ounces 13-15 got mixed with 1.5 scoops of raspberry sherbert and tonic water. It's actually a really good mix drink. Hmm.

Just brewed second AG BIAB, Ed Worts Porter. Efficiency sucked, but was able to maintain the mash temp (Used a sleeping bag), voile bag worked great, and volume was good. Need to adjust the corona I think. Doing no sparge BIAM, maybe a batch sparge is the ticket. Looking at the cheap pump to use for recirculating the mash. Process is getting better, just need to get a couple more brews going.

Here is mellow for ya.

Just brewed second AG BIAB, Ed Worts Porter. Efficiency sucked, but was able to maintain the mash temp (Used a sleeping bag), voile bag worked great, and volume was good. Need to adjust the corona I think. Doing no sparge BIAM, maybe a batch sparge is the ticket. Looking at the cheap pump to use for recirculating the mash. Process is getting better, just need to get a couple more brews going.

Here is mellow for ya.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=funri7BEf7w

Think I'll listen to this one a couple of times, on my second replay now. I would think it would be difficult to do no sparge BIAB on your first few batches. Not sure what you'd call my method, probably "over sparge". Tannins don't scare me. :rockin:

I need to chill and get some sleep. Hubby got stressed today and that's really bad. But his friend came and got him and they went to hang out. He came home better. Stress leads to anger and that leads to no good.

And my crackhead friend called today, err... yesterday now. I met him at the hospital a few months ago and we talked and he said I "get him". So I gave him my number and said he could call. Now we talk every couple of weeks, if I don't hear from him in that time, I'll call and check on him. He can't read or write and makes it hard for him to find work. He said he called because he wanted to jump head first off the balcony. He lives in a city in South Florida, was just visiting when I ran into him at the hospital. His girlfriend died that day. I can't tell him get help, call the suicide line, or see a doctor because that is what his family does and it only pisses him off. So I just said that if he's really serious(he sounded serious), to set a date for it at least a month from now. Because I think that if he really was serious, and does set the date for it, that things will change once he knows he only has one month left to live. And I told him nothing wrong with changing your mind, if an idea no longer seems like a good one. I know I gave horrible advice, but you'd have to know the guy to understand.

I need to chill and get some sleep. Hubby got stressed today and that's really bad. But his friend came and got him and they went to hang out. He came home better. Stress leads to anger and that leads to no good.

And my crackhead friend called today, err... yesterday now. I met him at the hospital a few months ago and we talked and he said I "get him". So I gave him my number and said he could call. Now we talk every couple of weeks, if I don't hear from him in that time, I'll call and check on him. He can't read or write and makes it hard for him to find work. He said he called because he wanted to jump head first off the balcony. He lives in a city in South Florida, was just visiting when I ran into him at the hospital. His girlfriend died that day. I can't tell him get help, call the suicide line, or see a doctor because that is what his family does and it only pisses him off. So I just said that if he's really serious(he sounded serious), to set a date for it at least a month from now. Because I think that if he really was serious, and does set the date for it, that things will change once he knows he only has one month left to live. And I told him nothing wrong with changing your mind, if an idea no longer seems like a good one. I know I gave horrible advice, but you'd have to know the guy to understand.
Not that bad of advice. Another thing you can try, is ask him to write a letter to his Mother explaining why he killed himself.

Most people can't do that, it makes them really think about what they are doing.

Steel drums make me wanna stab myself with cocktail spears..

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=sYrK464nIeY&desktop_uri=/watch?v=sYrK464nIeY
...Ok. You know, I used to think I had problems....

I've been considering using sweet potatoes in beer for a good while now. I've read you can sub the sweet tatters for pumpkin.

Yeah you can. But there's something even better, that makes things taste better and EVEN MORE PUMPKIN-Y than pumpkin itself, and that even includes a superior, more flavorful pumpkin pie. Even better than sweet potato. Know what it is?

Tick, tick, tick, tick, tick...

Time's up! I'm sorry, but the answer was butternut squash. Unless you actually guessed correctly - then congrats, liar!

Seriously though, if you make a "pumpkin" pie using butternut squash but tell everybody it's pumpkin, I promise they'll say it's the best they've ever had. That's of course assuming you can make a decent pumpkin pie to begin with.

And it doesn't stop with pie. You can get a better, more "pumpkin-y"-tasting flavor in anything you might use pumpkin, such as cookies, or, yes - even beer!

Try it for yourself this coming fall. I don't charge for this advice, but when you inevitably find that it rocks your world and that you're unable to thank me with mere words, I'll accept cash, gift cards to online homebrew stores, or even a selection of your finest homebrews and local craft brews in lieu of verbal or written gratitude.

Oh... and you're welcome!

Man I missed the party....Again

Oh well I did have a pretty decent day though getting stuff done that I have been putting off. I just checked the freezer compartment and through the magic of ice making machines I have ice in there. And the cool bit is I did not have to do a dang thing to get it. Well other than moving the fridge in and plumbing water to it...Might have been easier to fill a couple of ice trays I guess

I was thinking today that folks are weird. Well at least I am anyway. I like to make a dime think it is a dollar but in some aspects will spend money that makes no sense. I could use a bic lighter but I prefer my old zippo lighter that I have to fill everyday. I could buy those fancy handwarmers but I use a old ww2 hand warmer that takes lighter fluid.

Dang I suppose I should head back to bed but I fear I am up for the rest of the day

How do you cook them? :rockin:

Mmmm a lovely stew. Lots of carrots and onions simmered all day long and they are just tender and great. Tastes kind of like rabbit but not as lean as a rabbit.

Dang I bet with in a week or two I will start to see them. Give them a month to fatten up and the I am ringing the dinner bell :mug:

Hi all. No hangover this morning.

I made some mint chocolates this morning. I'm loving the chocolate melter I bought. No water vapor like from a double boiler, so you don't have to worry about seizing. Plus, it won't get hot enough to ruin the temper on the chocolate.

Hi all. No hangover this morning.

I made some mint chocolates this morning. I'm loving the chocolate melter I bought. No water vapor like from a double boiler, so you don't have to worry about seizing. Plus, it won't get hot enough to ruin the temper on the chocolate.

Hehe.

I got my kid a chocolate melter thing to dip fruit in....She ate the chocolate and the melter has sat in the cupboard unused.

Hehe.

I got my kid a chocolate melter thing to dip fruit in....She ate the chocolate and the melter has sat in the cupboard unused.
Nice. I like to make chocolates, so I think I will be getting a bit more use out of mine.

You know, if you've got a shot glass mold for ice you can make chocolate shot glasses.

Nice. I like to make chocolates, so I think I will be getting a bit more use out of mine.

You know, if you've got a shot glass mold for ice you can make chocolate shot glasses.

Sadly the hardest thing I drink is beer and light beer for the most part. Whiskey and wild woman are a thing of my past now :(

I would like to use that pot thing though. I wonder if I could melt some cheese in it and use it like a fondue pot

Sadly the hardest thing I drink is beer and light beer for the most part. Whiskey and wild woman are a thing of my past now :(

I would like to use that pot thing though. I wonder if I could melt some cheese in it and use it like a fondue pot
Hmm, I suppose it would depend on the model. I don't think the one I've got would get hot enough to melt cheese.

Have you bee watching the Cheap Compact Wort Pump thread?

I haven't been watching the thread but I have seen that pump. To me it looks a bit small. I have been considering the 12V solar system pump. Not as powerful as a Chugger or a March but they would more than likely do the job. I just don't know if the $25 a piece savings over the polysulfone Chugger is enough of an incentive to give them a shot. I'm thinking not.

The first of the month they were running a special on the polysulfone Chugger, $84 a piece with free shipping. Needless to say I missed out on that one.

I'm feeling a bit rough this evening, myself. I executed a manual override last night before bed (yak) and I'm ever so grateful for it now... :drunk:

There's nothing more basic and elemental to human life than the relationship between the sexes. I don't care much for skating, but I understand the attempt to represent that elemental relationship. It's really the fuel that keeps our species moving forward.

So, here's Dusty Springfield singing one of my favorite songs. And some skating.

Latest posts

Back