• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB keg or 15gal kettle in LA area, will trade rubber coated Miller keg in interested

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krazydave

Reaction score
Looking to start all grain by using my current 10gal kettle as a HLT with a converted igloo as my MLT and the Keg/Kettle as my boil kettle.

In theory that should allow me to do 10gal batches should I ever decide to.

Been checking Craigslist for a while but haven't seen any good deals come up anyplace yet, so I figured I'd try here.

I have a rubber coated Miller keg that I was considering using an electric heating element on, but 220v isn't an option in my case so I've scrapped that idea.

My garage is 2 floors below me in a condominium complex and my sub-panel is upstairs in my unit, so I can't run another circuit down.
I also only have one 15 (maybe 20) amp circuit in the whole garage currently, so I couldn't even dog-leg two circuits to make one 220v circuit.

So until I move, which will be pretty far in the future, there's not much I can do to get 220v down there.

So I just got lucky and got the display model of the Brinkmann 60qt Aluminum pot at the local HD for $20.
Can't beat that! Not sure what I'm going to do with the basket it came with though, but at least I have something to use now.

Latest posts

Back