Holiday Wishlists

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digdan

Reaction score
Anyone expecting some great brewing stuff this holiday seaon? Shirron Plate? Something to remove that darn beer belly? Or a Blichman Beer Gun... or will your shoot your eye out?

I'm trying to find a super accurate ultra cool thermometer for my SOWMBO to get me this year. This thermometer would need to work in my mash tun and my HLT... Any suggestions?

Also looking for a good IPA kit to do 10 gallons with. Also open for more suggestions...

Happy/Merry
[SIZE=-1]Christmas/Hanukkah/Quanza/Yule/Festivus(for the rest of us)
:mug:
[/SIZE]

Nada, Santa can't find my place. Maybe if the weather lets up a bit, I'll get the new burner installed and run off the brown Porter.

I'm wished for a stir plate and am hoping that Santa's brewing gadget elf, named Yuri, put it on the sled a few days ago for an early Christmas delivery.

Immersion chiller. No more $3 bags of ice (x2) every time I brew. No more waiting 45 mins to get down to pitching temp. Yay!

I'm getting a new brewery (aka house), but unfortunately it's not going to just drop down my chimney. The only thing Santa is giving me for Christmas is a new mortgage :)

Im asking santa for a new wort chiller for my new keggle. Hopefully he wont get it dirty sliding down the chimney.

digdan said:
I'm trying to find a super accurate ultra cool thermometer for my SOWMBO to get me this year. This thermometer would need to work in my mash tun and my HLT... Any suggestions?

[/SIZE]

Get one of these and you will not be disappointed.

http://www.sciencelab.com/page/S/PVAR/21811/45-4039

The best thing is that it is completely liquid proof.

Santa just brought me a jet washer and a bottle tree. he is a good lad, also bought me some dried extract (10kilos), yeasts, new barrel... Will give them to SHMBO on xmas eve for wrapping. Santa will be going shopping again soon...

Woo-hoo! Santa's priority sleigh showed up today with my early Christmas present! I managed to get SWMBO excited about it since it will save me "a bunch" of money on yeast.

Yuri the elf makes a quality product!!

I'll be getting a PH meter, a pecision hydrometer (0-5 *P) and a few small brewing items for christmas. The package already came and though I know already know what's inside I'm pretty excited about Christmas.

BTW, we celebrate Christmas according to the German tradition which means opening presents on Christmas Eve.

Kai

We'll (hopefully) be getting some odds and ends to complete our Kegging and all grain set ups. We have most of the "big ticket" items, so all the little stuff that adds up worked great for the fam. Yeah, they think we're strange by asking for valves and pumps for xmas, but whatever.

Then, if there's $$ left over it's off to the local scrap stainless dealer to work out a deal on the triple bay sink we've been eyeing up for our new brew area.

I love this time of year...just gives us an excuse to spend money!!! hahah!!!

Sandy said:
Then, if there's $$ left over it's off to the local scrap stainless dealer to work out a deal on the triple bay sink we've been eyeing up for our new brew area.

I love this time of year...just gives us an excuse to spend money!!! hahah!!!

Head up to Oshkosh. On Wisconsin Ave. is a place called B&D Equipment. They have a TON of stuff like that, as well as more cornies than you can shake a stick at.:ban:

I've asked for a barley crusher grainmill, we'll see if it will fit in the stocking. Maybe I should get a stocking large enough for a grainmill and a few other brewing related items. I think SWMBO wouldn't like a stocking over the fireplace that is large enough for one of Yuri's fermenters. One nice thing, two guys at work who don't brew bought kegging equipment and said that they'll pick recipes out and they'll pay for the grain and come by and watch (which means drink my beer) while I brew them up a batch of whatever they want. I look at it as a way of practicing, learning, and having a good time and possibly convincing these two to brew their own at some point.

digdan said:

Happy/Merry
[SIZE=-1]Christmas/Hanukkah/Quanza/Yule/Festivus(for the rest of us)
:mug:
[/SIZE]

Digdan - Try checking out....

http://www.mcmaster.com

Do a search for "IR Thermometer". >>> scroll down to the heat guns...

I use these at my work for checking glass washing temps and alot of other stuff.

They are are also good at checkin' t-bone temps on the grill. Getting rare, med, well. Etc.

These work well on h20. Really accurate and quick...

... better than a $600 Cole Parmer drop-in pH & temp probe, more accurate and super-fast.

I've read reviews on IR thermometers... and it would suggest that they may not be as accurate as stated. But if you have a specific kind in mind then please let me know. I did the search and did try to scroll, but all I found it a couple of semi-cool thermomter pistols. Please let me know if you can come up with a single item you find trustworthy. Ultimatly I would like to be able to test pH and Temps for under $200.

Thanks in advance and I hope you get to read this,

Digdan (cause digdoug dug his own grave)

Schlenkerla said:
Digdan - Try checking out....

http://www.mcmaster.com

Do a search for "IR Thermometer". >>> scroll down to the heat guns...

I use these at my work for checking glass washing temps and alot of other stuff.

They are are also good at checkin' t-bone temps on the grill. Getting rare, med, well. Etc.

These work well on h20. Really accurate and quick...

... better than a $600 Cole Parmer drop-in pH & temp probe, more accurate and super-fast.

ablrbrau said:
Head up to Oshkosh. On Wisconsin Ave. is a place called B&D Equipment. They have a TON of stuff like that, as well as more cornies than you can shake a stick at.:ban:

Yep...that's the guy. He has everything!!! My husband and i spent over an hour BS'ing with the guy the first time we went over there. We've already seen the sink we want...he told us to make him an offer and it was ours...just didn't know what it was worth at the time, so we didn't want to insult the guy! (we knew we'd need him in the future !!:D :D :D )

I'm getting the best present of all! Nothing as fancy as the things some of you are getting but I'm getting an intermediate brewing kit from Midwest. It's going to get me into the world of homebrewing! I have such a wonderful fiance....

Back