Whatja Drinking for the Big Game?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revvy

Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Kick off is in a few minutes. What's going to be going into your glasses tonight?

I've got a bottle of 2010 Trader Joe's Vintage Ale I'm planning to un cork in a bit, plus a few Bocks. All commercial. I've got my Sri Lankin Stout and a few other HB's as well. But I'm not really in a mood for those right now, hence the reason for so many bocks in my fridge, I've been on that kick lately.

How bout you?

This is a cool article. Great beer for the Super Bowl

I'm having a large glass of who gives a ****? I wanna see the commercials and Fergie.

Sierra Nevada Glissade and then on to my Rusty Nail :tank: GO PACKERS

IMG_1070.jpg

Out of HB but I have some options:

Kona Firebowl
Hop Devil
Hop Rod
Hop Stoopid
Lagunitas IPA
Lagunitas Pale Ale

I haven't had some of these yet. What do you think?

I'm drinking my "Hop The Casbah" IIPA and pounding down some HotWings from BW3. Mmmmmm.........

found the leinienkugals limited golden lager yesterday, so i'm working on that now. i was for some reason thinking it would be better. i've had better, but i've also had worse.

I'm drinking whatever is on tap... Yooper's Dogfishhead 60 minute IPA clone, my own Diesel Oil Stout and, although it is still carbonating, a Honey Steam Lager.

oh, and there's some pink colored soda on tap for SWMBO

Live blogging my superbowl beers:

Victory Golden Monkey

My experience with Belgians is limited so go easy on me:

Aroma:
Sweet with a bit of honey as I expect from Belgians
Appearance:
Golden but light, a ½ inch head to start that reduced to 1/8th later. Nice lace even with the smaller head.

Flavor:
Mostly honey with a bit of raison. Maybe a bit of clover. I know there are hops in there but I don't what they are.

Mouthfeel:
Very nice, full body but a dry finish regardless of the sweet honey/raison taste.

Overall:
A good beer but not my style yet. I 'm not big on the Belgians at this time.

Victory Golden Monkey

Aroma:
Appearance:
Golden but light, a ½ inch head to start that reduced to 1/8th later. Nice lace even with the smaller head.

Flavor:
Mostly honey with a bit of raison. Maybe a bit of clover. I know there are hops in there but I don't what they are.

Mouthfeel:
Very nice, full body but a dry finish regardless of the sweet honey/raison taste.

Overall:

Cool!!!!!!

Ravenshead said:

Victory Golden Monkey

Aroma:
Appearance:

Flavor:

Mouthfeel:

Overall:

The triple do you good

Started off with a couple DFH 60 minute ipa's. Then started pulling the tap on my Harpoon Winter Warmer modified clone and just poured the first beer of my 4 C's IIPA.

I went into the game not caring who wins because my Pats blew their shot but I would not mind seeing a great comeback. Lets see it Pit!

Next up: Kona Brewing's Fire Rock Pale Ale.

Aroma:
Sweet and bit floral. Think honey and roses.

Appearance:
Golden and reddish. Like a good American IIPA looks. The head never got above ¼ inch and died from there.

Flavor:
Once again, mostly honey with a bit of something strange. Maybe a bit of pineapple but that may be because I know it's from HI. The hops are not dominant unless that's the pineapple I sense.

Mouthfeel:
Full body with a long finish, I can still taste it.

Overall:
Decent but I won't buy it again on purpose. It does taste like it came from HI so if you you like HI cuisine you may like it.

Latest posts

Back