What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
joke's on you! I don't have an a$$!

I would guess not, considering I think I out weighed you in the 5th grade. I bet you look cute in an elf outfit though.

I have to say, I'm really glad I don't keep whiskey in the house anymore. I'm in the sort of mood where something really bad would happen if I did. My wife is on vacation this week with her sister so there's no one here to tell me I'm being an idiot.

Side note, at my club meeting tonight, we briefly touched on not bringing white dog to future club campouts. I'd forgotten about it until they brought it up, but I saw a guy drink about 4 fingers from a qt jar at the last one. It was pretty impressive at the time, but the guys who had to drag him to his pickup to pass out on the bench seat said he tried to punch the windshield out from the inside.

WTF How the hell did I forget about this buried in the back of my fridge!?!?! YES! Time to get Mother Russia up in this biatch! 8% :rockin:

ForumRunner_20130909_213914.jpg

ForumRunner_20130909_213946.jpg

DCHokie's Spice Deviant. It's turning my frown upside down. Tart, bretty, the ginger comes through in the finish. Well done. Should be great with my dal here in about 5 miutes.

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
Ugh cant wait to hit the NH brewpub again Tuesday for $6 growlers. Surely this will be one.

Man, it must be nice to live that close to NH!

Wow!! I have been trying a number of pumpkin beers lately and this one tastes the most like a pie out of all of them. Delicious!
ForumRunner_20130909_201635.jpg

NH is just the 20 minute 4 lane highway that brings you to vacationland. That is all.

LOL! My preferred "Vacationland" is the Bahamas Out Islands, but I actually built a second home up in Franconia twenty years ago for skiing/fishing/getting-away-from-Massholechusetts. So I'm actually not that NH-adverse.

That said, the NH funding system (read "schools") totally blows chunks by dropping the mega-bomb on property owners of all stripes to avoid having income or sales tax. I pay more property tax up there than I do down here, though my primary residence is valued over twice that of the Franconia house...

Cheers!

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
New Holland, not New Hampshire heh. Or did I miss some sarcasm

I think they really just wanted to hate on New Hampshire.

I love this beer. Seems its either love or hate it. Its malty, bready with a hint of honey. Taking the bottle to my regular bottle shop to see if they can snag me a case.

ForumRunner_20130909_232338.jpg

LOL! My preferred "Vacationland" is the Bahamas Out Islands, but I actually built a second home up in Franconia twenty years ago for skiing/fishing/getting-away-from-Massholechusetts. So I'm actually not that NH-adverse.

That said, the NH funding system (read "schools") totally blows chunks by dropping the mega-bomb on property owners of all stripes to avoid having income or sales tax. I pay more property tax up there than I do down here, though my primary residence is valued over twice that of the Franconia house...

Cheers!

I don't know, getting someone with a second home to pay a bunch of property tax when they don't buy much or have any income in state sounds pretty good to me.

I've managed to go this long avoiding pumpkin beers this year. I'm not going to cave.

I'm looking hard at the simcoe sillier in my fridge. Be a shame to let those hops fade any more than they have in the aging.

Channel66 said:
I've managed to go this long avoiding pumpkin beers this year. I'm not going to cave.

I'm looking hard at the simcoe sillier in my fridge. Be a shame to let those hops fade any more than they have in the aging.

Crack it open. ;)

How was that? There is a ton of complexity In the sillier. Definitely seems like they know what they are doing over there.

DRIPA is better. Of course best IPA debate yada yada. But Id say DRIPA is better than Heady. But yes they do, that place is one of those religious experiences. The whole draft list is magical.

DRIPA is better. Of course best IPA debate yada yada. But Id say DRIPA is better than Heady. But yes they do, that place is one of those religious experiences. The whole draft list is magical.

I'll add them to my list of must visits. On untappd there are only a handful of check ins. Seems like they need some marketing help.

I don't know, getting someone with a second home to pay a bunch of property tax when they don't buy much or have any income in state sounds pretty good to me.

And they are very efficient at that.

Yeah, it's a bit of a "first world problem" burr under my saddle, but I still have that home, still pay the taxes, still love the White Mountains (my parents got me started skiing on Cannon when I was all of five years old and it's still one of my favorites - and I went to college in Denver and skied all of the high country mountains in Colorado and Utah).

So it's a love/not-so-much thing, where the love wins...

Cheers!

I'll add them to my list of must visits. On untappd there are only a handful of check ins. Seems like they need some marketing help.

Its a tiny hole in the wall in a tiny suburb of Detroit. But they just purchased a new brewing and soon to be bottling facility.
Edit: Imagine your fave hole in the wall bar with loads of gold medals hanging all over the place

Its a tiny hole in the wall in a tiny suburb of Detroit. But they just purchased a new brewing and soon to be bottling facility.
Edit: Imagine your fave hole in the wall bar with loads of gold medals hanging all over the place

That's awesome. I love places like that. Maine beer co. Was like that before they blew up on BA and untappd. Great beer sells itself.

Gone everyone is? Make me pull my hair out this texans game will. <(-_-)>

Back