Drip tray with drain on a keezer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cambriel

Reaction score
So I'm in the process of building my nifty new coffin keezer (inspiration taken from these very boards), and I'm debating how to do the drip tray. I'm building a 5 tap coffin, so I've decided on a 30" flush mount to match the length of the coffin itself.

Now, I'd *like* to use a drip tray with a drain, and run the drain line down into a sealed container like a milk jug with an airtight lid, and just stash it in the corner (I've got space leftover). Anyone see a reason something like this wouldn't work? It'd make cleanup less of a constant issue, especially when some enterprising guest is drunk and decides they want to see the inside of the rig. In general it seems like a solid plan, but a little voice in the back of my head is asking questions about mold etc. As long as it's fully sealed, it shouldn't matter right? I mean this would get cleaned out every few days anyway, it would just be simpler than having to remove the tray and dump it every damn time the thing gets used.

Should (Better!) work like a charm because that's what I'm planning doing with my keezer build. I'm just going to keep a bit of Star San in a bottle and pour a bit in the drain if any beer goes down, or once a week. Check it once in a while and dump and clean the container.

Back