Another new question regarding sanitization.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahitz3

Reaction score
Hello all, I bought a spray wand for cleaning carboys, but unfortunately I dont have a utility sink to use it on. Is it possible to somehow connect to my kitchen sink faucet or hose? Does everyone here have a utility sink with a hose connector? If not, what do you do to clean carboys and such? THanks!

Try Five Star Star San. It's a no-rinse sanitizer and it works great. No affect on the beer in taste or appearance. Just put a half ounce in with a 2 ¼ gallons of water in your carboy and shake her good. It will bubble up but it’s no big deal (if it bothers you terribly you can rinse it a little). You can keep a tub of it near by to sanitize all your other instruments, too.

You'll need first to unscrew the aeration screen on your sink, then you have to go to the hardware store and get a faucet to garden hose threaded adapter.

Looks like this,

Thumb_755.jpg

You can also get it at the homebrew shop....it is universal. It is also handy to hook up a wort chiller to your sink as well.

You guys are great, thanks alot for the help. Always getting quick answers to my questions!

Back