Whoops accidental cross contamination

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boostsr20

Reaction score
So I've got this Jim beam bourbon barrel project going with a couple buddies. Average og in of our RIS was 1.120 and it was fermented clean then added to the barrel all together same day with an average fg of 1.026 after 2 month primaries. It's been in the barrel now for 6 months and we went to sample and this is what we found.

f409e50e.jpg

Still pulled a sample to be sure and sure enough it's 100% my house blend. Upon further inspection I got two of my buckets/lids mixed :(. I offered up to buy out anyone's share and brew new batches for them but it tastes so damn good that everyone is happy. Gravity is now at 1.020 so we will give it a while to see what comes of it. I'm curious too see how much more sour it will get. Right now it's very mildly tart with great Brett aromas. Thie base beer was also hopped to 90 ibus so I wouldnt expect too much more....

HouSe blend is 4th gen dregs of trinity old growth, JP bam biere, and Russian river supplication. I can't believe it actually happened but my buddy has been raving about wanting to start a sour project so I'm blaming him. Lol

Latest posts

Back