New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amarillo Wheat.jpg

My first all grain brew, an American Wheat Ale, and it tastes like beer!

Love to hear that NEIPA result. Did you boil hops on the side?

HB No Boil Hefe Batch II. This is more spicy/clovey. Got a bit cooler here.View attachment 598992

Apologies for the late reply. After i sparge i heat the wort up to 75c and recirculate for 20minutes. I steep the hops in a bag during that time and calculate the IBU's using brewersfriend mash setting. I was meant to keg the beer on monday but have been sick so going to do it tonight. Hopefully it wont be too clear.

A SMASH lager. Ireks German lager malt, saaz and MJ Bohemian yeast. I am really happy with this, going to repeat it using Maris Otter.
DSC_0599.JPG

A no boil NEIPA fermented with voss kveik at 37c. I was using up hops so had some amarillo, el dorado, centennial and cascade cryo. Its very nice and hoppy but i going to add a tea to boost the IBU. Its very hazy despite crashing for 4 days( i only intended 1).
DSC_0630.JPG

What characteristics came through from the Medusa? I intend to use it with Huell Melon in my next Batch

I'm not sure if it was because my Medusa was older (2016 crop) or if it is typical for the hop, but it was much more mild than I was expecting. I used a full pound in a 10 gallon batch with 10oz of that in the whirlpool and 6oz as the dry hop. The gravity of the beer was only 1.045. Nose is subdued but bright citrus character, with background hints of dank/wild character. The wild flavor comes through a bit more on the palette with that citrus flavor as well. Overall, I really like this beer and the hop, but not quite as much as the El Dorado/Nelson version of it that I brewed last year.

I'm not sure if it was because my Medusa was older (2016 crop) or if it is typical for the hop, but it was much more mild than I was expecting. I used a full pound in a 10 gallon batch with 10oz of that in the whirlpool and 6oz as the dry hop. The gravity of the beer was only 1.045. Nose is subdued but bright citrus character, with background hints of dank/wild character. The wild flavor comes through a bit more on the palette with that citrus flavor as well. Overall, I really like this beer and the hop, but not quite as much as the El Dorado/Nelson version of it that I brewed last year.

Thanks for the info. I might try to brighten it up with some Citra then. I’m using this years harvest so I’ll be sure to let you know how it comes out, just to give you an idea if hop age played into it.

Thanks for the info. I might try to brighten it up with some Citra then. I’m using this years harvest so I’ll be sure to let you know how it comes out, just to give you an idea if hop age played into it.

I think it will play very nice with Citra and Huell Melon.

This time, Enigma “single hop” NEIPA. This is probably the best IPA I’ve ever made.

Very refreshing after brewing a Heady Topper clone today.

Attachments

• 168A1012-643A-4A85-A331-43FCCA34895B.jpeg
    168A1012-643A-4A85-A331-43FCCA34895B.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 57
Back