Rhubarb IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is rhubarb prominent in this? Rhubarb pies/ice cream/cakes/etc. are my favorite deserts and IPA is one of my "go to" beers in the summer. This sounds interesting.

I'll share the ingredients but not the ratios.
Use what ever ipa recipe you like but make sure it's not super hoppy. Do your usual 7 day fermentation.
On day 7 add the new whort.
I used fresh organic rhubarb,strawberries & granulated white sugar. Let it ferment for 5 days then bottle or keg.
I opened a bottle last night but it wasn't primed all the way. Despite that it tasted fabulous and that's not just my opinion there were about 20 other people that liked so much they want me to sell it.

Hopefully one of the breweries I've been talking to will buy the actual recipe from me or want to hire me...
Good luck and keep me posted on how it turns out or feel free to ask any other questions

I'll share the ingredients but not the ratios.
Use what ever ipa recipe you like but make sure it's not super hoppy. Do your usual 7 day fermentation.
On day 7 add the new whort.
I used fresh organic rhubarb,strawberries & granulated white sugar. Let it ferment for 5 days then bottle or keg.
I opened a bottle last night but it wasn't primed all the way. Despite that it tasted fabulous and that's not just my opinion there were about 20 other people that liked so much they want me to sell it.

you posted this thread in the recipe forum to brag about a recipe, and then declined to provide the recipe.

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/I+smell+a+******+in+my+wine+oh+wait+i_675609_4064710.png

Does anyone have a decent Rhubarb IPA recipe that's not top secret?

you posted this thread in the recipe forum to brag about a recipe, and then declined to provide the recipe.

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/I+smell+a+******+in+my+wine+oh+wait+i_675609_4064710.png

Does anyone have a decent Rhubarb IPA recipe that's not top secret?

You know, it's all proprietary and stuff, worth millions, no brewer in his right mind would ever give out a recipe, especially after bragging about it :p

I just found this, any comments/suggestions?
https://www.brewtoad.com/recipes/brewbarb-rhubarb-ipa

Code:
4.0 lb	 2-Row Brewers Malt
0.5 lb	 Carapils® Malt
0.5 lb	 2-Row Caramel Malt 60L

3.3 lb	 Pilsen Light LME	Briess(Late Boil)
1.0 lb	 Honey, Clover(Late Boil)

0.5 oz	Chinook (US)	60 min	Boil	Pellet	13.0%
0.5 oz	Chinook (US)	15 min	Boil	Pellet	13.0%
0.25 oz	Amarillo (US)	15 min	Boil	Pellet	9.5%
0.25 oz	Simcoe (US)	15 min	Boil	Pellet	13.0%
0.25 oz	Simcoe (US)	10 min	Boil	Pellet	13.0%
0.25 oz	Amarillo (US)	10 min	Boil	Pellet	9.5%
0.25 oz	Amarillo (US)	5 min	Boil	Pellet	9.5%
0.25 oz	Simcoe (US)	5 min	Boil	Pellet	13.0%
0.25 oz	Amarillo (US)	1 min	Boil	Pellet	9.5%
0.25 oz	Simcoe (US)	1 min	Boil	Pellet	13.0%
1.0 oz	Amarillo (US)	14 days	Dry Hop	Pellet	9.5%