Stuck fermentation... I think??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SCSF336

Reaction score
I donno, Im in a three steps forward, four steps back kind of situation. I brewed a batch of adapted https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f80/autumn-spiced-braggot-82552/ and its stuck. I changed the recipe just a bit here and there but not enough to really change the OG- Just a change to the malts used. I changed out the malts with 4 lbs Dark LME, 2 lbs Light LME, and then a pound of 60L specialty malt from my local brewstore. My OG was ~1.065 but today using my wine thief, I snagged a sample and ended up with a reading of ~>1.01. This isnt my first batch of brew to say the least, but the first time Ive ever had this kind of thing happen. The stuffs been in the fermenter for 4 weeks and bubbling away happily for the entire time( it had krausen, foamed up nicely, and the whole nine yards) and now is giving me sugar that wasnt there before?? Aany help is extremely appreciated

wow, this is a really horrible mistake on my part in reading my hydrometer- please feel free to ignore this post.

I donno, Im in a three steps forward, four steps back kind of situation. I brewed a batch of adapted https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f80/autumn-spiced-braggot-82552/ and its stuck. I changed the recipe just a bit here and there but not enough to really change the OG- Just a change to the malts used. I changed out the malts with 4 lbs Dark LME, 2 lbs Light LME, and then a pound of 60L specialty malt from my local brewstore. My OG was ~1.065 but today using my wine thief, I snagged a sample and ended up with a reading of ~>1.01. This isnt my first batch of brew to say the least, but the first time Ive ever had this kind of thing happen. The stuffs been in the fermenter for 4 weeks and bubbling away happily for the entire time( it had krausen, foamed up nicely, and the whole nine yards) and now is giving me sugar that wasnt there before?? Aany help is extremely appreciated

I don't understand the question. 1.065- 1.010 is a different of 55 gravity points. That is about 7.2% ABV. Check it again in a week or two, and see if it's even lower.

It was a total mistake on my part- my hydrometer and I hardly ever get along and I often forget how to read it

Back