how to glue insulation sheathing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekjohns

Reaction score
what is the cheapest, easist way to glue insulation sheathing to wood for a ferm chamber?

Sound like i have lots of options. I am making a 2 foot extentions to a mini fridge for a ferm chamber. Is there anything in particular that i could get double use out of and use to fill in cracks and gaps to help seal and provide further insulation?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sound like i have lots of options. I am making a 2 foot extentions to a mini fridge for a ferm chamber. Is there anything in particular that i could get double use out of and use to fill in cracks and gaps to help seal and provide further insulation?
Spend the extra couple of bucks and buy some caulk. You don't want to try to use the glue to fill the holes and cracks. It is a pain to get that stuff off your hands.

i would buy an adheisive specific for foam board. Look at the labels on the adheisives in your local home improvement stores if they dont have a specific foam board product. Depending on what the foam is made out of, some products may react with the foam, eat it away and not provide any holding power at all. Id recomend caulk if your worried about the gaps, but i used plastic sheething tape. Its not cheap but provides a good barrier. My suggestion is build your chamber well with quality components and it will last you a long time and hold temps much better if your always looking for the cheapest option. Also you should make sure you pick up the water resistant foam, jsut in case you get water, condenstarion, excess blow off in your chamber. Many foams are not mositure tolerant.

Back