112 gallons since march 22nd

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lehr

Reaction score
Well to all the people that thought I was crazy to build my system never having brewed before...I'm lovin it 112 gallons since march 22nd and thanks to you guys that answered my noob questions they have all been damn good!

Thanks Pat

May want to start back dating some of that stock to 2008, 2007. You only have 88 more gallons before you are illegal ;)

Grats though man, that is a serious accomplishment. What are you doing for fermentation control of all that bubbling goodness?

You have gotten into brewing the way I should have. Building a great and well thought out system makes this hobby so much more enjoyable! Keep on brewing, and randomly dating labels! :D

That is some serious homebrew. I'm at 25 gallons since June 7th. I don't have enough equipment to keep up the 25 gallons a month pace though :(

May want to start back dating some of that stock to 2008, 2007. You only have 88 more gallons before you are illegal ;)

Grats though man, that is a serious accomplishment. What are you doing for fermentation control of all that bubbling goodness?

When we get to the next 88 gallons thats when the wife takes over the brewing:D

Right now I have the frementer and three carboys going the rest is kegged or gone.
We had a brewers meeting at the house a week or two ago and we served 30 gallons or so.

Thanks Pat

Don't let him bullsh!t you, he's got a silent partner and is splitting all this production.;)

I brewed every weekend (and twice on a couple) from Jan 10th through June 13th, 25 batches total. I knew once I got out of that routine I'd slow way down...haven't brewed a batch since June 13th. But it's so hot here in Florida during summer that reduced brewing from June-August might not be such a bad thing. Probably only do a couple lagers until September.

What do you do with 120+ galons of beer in 5 months? I find that 1-2 pints a day average is all i can do by myself, which is not more than 5gal/month personal consumption.

What do you do with 120+ galons of beer in 5 months? I find that 1-2 pints a day average is all i can do by myself, which is not more than 5gal/month personal consumption.

Have a party where they drink 30 gallons take it to partys and brew club meetings. Plus it dosen't hurt to have 15 cornies.

I don't think the law works that way. Not that you really have to worry about it or anything.

I think the legal limit applies to the number of adults in the household. so i can brew for myself and for my wife, even though she doesn't drink beer.

I think the legal limit applies to the number of adults in the household. so i can brew for myself and for my wife, even though she doesn't drink beer.

I believe it is some x amount if you live alone, and 2x if you have multiple adults in your household, and I think the limit is per household.

When we get to the next 88 gallons thats when the wife takes over the brewing:D

Right now I have the frementer and three carboys going the rest is kegged or gone.
We had a brewers meeting at the house a week or two ago and we served 30 gallons or so.

Thanks Pat

I believe it is some x amount if you live alone, and 2x if you have multiple adults in your household, and I think the limit is per household.
It's 100G per adult UP TO 200 Gallons. So you and your wife each get 100G but if you have 5 Adults, it's still 200G per househould. But who really monitors this anyway?

It's really an unenforceable law unless they can find someplace you admit to breaking it. Probably only used when they find someone selling homebrew or moonshine and want to tack on more charges.

I started from ground zero in January so it took a while to get 6 full cornies in keezer plus 3 in the lager fridge plus another couple of 'on-deck' kegs ready to fill the first open spot in the keezer/fridge. I prob drank (and gave away) 12 cornies during the time it took to get the pipeline full. In addition, at least half those brews were big Belgians or lagers so they take while to finish anyway. Plus I give quite a bit away.

welldonehg2.gif

I figured I would stop when I got all my cornies full but some how they keep getting empty...I better check for leaks.

Well to all the people that thought I was crazy to build my system never having brewed before...

Since I don't have time to read everything on HBT let me suggest that starting a thread like this without at least a courtesy link to the construction thread for your system (you did do one right?) makes it hard for me to judge ;) :p

And good job on the volume. :rockin:

You can break in if you want but the door is unlocked and there is 116 lb dog in there that will lick you to death !

Pat

You can break in if you want but the door is unlocked and there is 116 lb dog in there that will lick you to death !
I only tease, I wouldn't dare take something that beautiful.

I may follow through with breaking in, to play with your dog tho!!! Flushing is right off of 75....

I know exactly how you feel. I jumped into this hobby full tilt, and have brewed up 130 gals since my first brew in mid March. Its been quite a ride, and I am now sharing about half of my room with about 600 bottles. They're great roommates though :)

By your statements you're not helping yourself here...the LESS you disclose about yourself on the Net the better. Not that ATF will bust your door down but Uncle Sam needs that fine money. Lord knows what he'll resort to in order to get it.

Just say you're brewing loads and loads of beer up to the legal limit. We'll get the point...

;)

Latest posts

Back